Anyone know of a reputable jeep mechanic in or near pottsville PA? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Anyone know of a reputable jeep mechanic in or near pottsville PA?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
sam187st
2011 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know of a reputable jeep mechanic in or near pottsville PA?

Im looking to re-gear, I already have all the required parts and master install kit, I just can find a place to give me a decent price on labor! the best quote I got on labor was 12 hours+ around $1250, and they will warrantee there work.

is this an ok price? as i read through the forum other people are asking similar questions, and the answers vary to much for me to make a competent decision.
I do understand that prices Vary from state to state, and even town to town, but luckily for me i can navigate threw either NY,CT or PA.

Im assuming it should be cheapest in PA, also there should be a much bigger pool of able mechanics there as apposed to NY and CT.

2011 jeep wrangler sport, auto trans im going from 3.73 to 5.13's, if i can save enough on the labor i would be able to afford 1 arb locker, ( for my rear) !!! please help

sam187st is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #2
sam187st
2011 JK Wrangler 

How the hell do I edit the title? I just noticed what I wrote, lol
Unread 03-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Title fixed
I'll leave this here for a little while then I'll move it to the North East Forum.

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
sam187st
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks a lot, you guys have a north east forum? I didn't know that, let me look around for that and read over there a bit.
Unread 03-07-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
steve&2jc's
2007 JK Wrangler 

Try calling Outten county jeep in Hamburg pa. They're about a mile south of rt 78 on rt 61 (the exit by cabelas) and are a mod friendly dealer. Lots of guys in the local jeep club use them. They did my gears. Ask for Brian in parts and he'll take good care of you. 610-562-5174
steve&2jc's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
sam187st
2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow, thanks a lot steve, that is just what i was looking for! this guy chopped the labor price in half! lol and they are a dealer! were their usually a lot more... go figure.

but thanks again.
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Timeless
1987 MJ Comanche 

Look into Full Circle 4x4 (http://www.fullcircle4x4.com/) I spoke to them yesterday in regard to doing some work on a D60 rear axle for my Jeep and they were extremely knowledgeable. Dave, the guy I spoke to, basically put all of my local shops to shame and offered a very nice quote. Mind you I have not worked with them yet.
Timeless is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.