Anyone know of any trails near altoona? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Anyone know of any trails near altoona?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-13-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
DickSnuffy
2010 JK Wrangler 

Anyone know of any trails near altoona?

I'm new to the wheeling scene and was wondering if anyone could recommend any trails in the Altoona area. I'm open to any ideas here haha as it seems that I've exhausted most of the trails that I know about and am always looking for someplace new. Any help appreciated!

DickSnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There are quite a few scattered within 30 miles of ya. That are LEGAL. I am in Tyrone. One of the clubs I belong to own their on property. It has the best trails in Pa. hands down. Better than any pay and play park. And you have Rock Run in Patton. The clubs property is in Windber. People think they go wheeling or know how. If you hit the blues and blacks there. You know you wheeled. There is a big event in May there. It is listed as Sprjng Thaw down below on here with the flyer,
Unread 03-15-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
DickSnuffy
2010 JK Wrangler 

What are the specifics on the clubs property in windber, do you have to be a member in order to wheel there? Is it only open at specific times? I have heard of Rock Run before but have never been there. While I'm definitely interested in the places you mentioned and am thankful for your reply, I was also interested in free trails in the area, such as state game lands and logging roads etc.
DickSnuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is a thread on here for Spring Thaw. A huge event the flyer is on there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.