Anyone go to Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Anyone go to Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA)

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Iceman0502
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone go to Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA)

So I just heard about this park that recently opened within the past year or so.

Its called Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area (AOAA). http://www.anthraciteadventure.com/pages/

Has anyone heard of this before.

There is alot of information on the website about the overall plan of the area for OHV, hunting, camping, etc. But There is no definite information about the cost or details. How many you need in a group, only weekends. I see that they had two events this past summer/ fall. Do you have to request approval to access the area and create a public ride or can you go anytime?

I know that Big Dogs in VA are always open for camping, but has rides only a few times a year. Is this the case?

Please provide any information that you have.

Iceman0502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

As far as I know the park is not officially open yet. I attended the jeep jamboree there this fall and talking to park organizers it sounded like they weren't planning full open till next summer. At this point, I think only doing private rides and events, although will do them for just about any group as long as you call them. Site has a lot of potential and their plans for it look good.
Unread 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

There are no tours right now. Their waiting for state approval to cut new trails any day now. The park is due for spring official opening. It is not open for wheeling as of right now. The aoaa authority takes over the land jan 1.
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
HillSideRigs
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Went on a private tour last full had a get time trails weren't posted yet but the place is huge lots of room for I'm improvement. Can't wait till it opens I'm going back u can count on it
HillSideRigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Spring? Damn I'm excited!

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

I been up on a couple of the tours, lots of area with a ton of potential.

Some pics and video from the tours

Unread 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
HillSideRigs
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Jeepin dad we went up with you....
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #8
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thought I'd share the update i heard today. Aoaa authority is in full swing "cutting the red tape". Approval to cut trails they laid out last fall is expected anytime now. The office, main road, parking area will be under construction come spring, official opening on schedule for summer. If they don't post on here about trail work days, I will.
Unread 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #9
HillSideRigs
1989 YJ Wrangler 

This is great news can't wait to hear more thanks for the updates....
Unread 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
ShromsWillys
1946 CJ2A 

I have heard the same things, I meet one of the guys that is helping with the opening. Said they got the funds to do the work/approval. Now just need to wait for the work to be done before further action.
Unread 01-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
1tuffyj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jan 29 630pm @ old Shamokin high school. Public meeting with aoaa authority committee to discuss park plans. They need supporters so be there.
Unread 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #12
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuffyj View Post
Jan 29 630pm @ old Shamokin high school. Public meeting with aoaa authority committee to discuss park plans. They need supporters so be there.
News story about the meeting: http://newsitem.com/news/first-meeti...ople-1.1436830

Everything sounds good!
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
76silvercj5
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any updates on when this will be open? I do not have a group to do a guided ride but I would love to check it out.
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
JoneszJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

i've organized a couple different rides up there and know the guy organizing everything pretty well. I'm hoping to set something up for July.

There's been a ton of progress - they've been cutting down tress, laying out sites where the parking and buildings ar going to be - and most importantly - cutting a ton of trails.

July....
JoneszJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #15
Nitronitty
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome!!

WOW another place to Wheel Bookmarked site and will check this out -- seems its just a bit north of Rausch Creek

Thanks for info

Nitty
Nitronitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.