any one from central pa - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > any one from central pa

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #46
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
where do you guys think you will enter the woods ?
tussey, or Poe valley turn off on top of the mountains or else where ??

The reason I'm asking is because for me to drive to sheetz I would be driving 30-40 min PAST the roads we will be on, So it would make sense for me to get somebody's cell # and meet up at the beginning of the dirt road.

You can get to panther run from milroy and tread back toward poe valley (sand mnt rd) or start by poe valley and tread toward treaster valley,
Sand Mt Rd is closest for us I think ( http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Va...sz=13&t=h&z=14 ) but if somewhere else is better for you, I'm not opposed. We can definitely meet at the trail head...I'll need to pause to park my truck and unhook anyway as I'll be towing my jeep until we hit dirt.

Sounds like you have been here before? That is good...I was just going to be exploring in the dark.

takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #47
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
Sand Mt Rd is closest for us I think ( http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Va...sz=13&t=h&z=14 ) but if somewhere else is better for you, I'm not opposed. We can definitely meet at the trail head...I'll need to pause to park my truck and unhook anyway as I'll be towing my jeep until we hit dirt.

Sounds like you have been here before? That is good...I was just going to be exploring in the dark.
We ride in there every other weekend in the summer,
I'm not great with directions in there, we just usually GO !
There is a cool app, for Iphone, pads and touch that has all state park and roads map it's called "pocket ranger" or just "pa parks" I think.

I'm still not 100% going, I may have to go to the sportsman show in Harrisburg on Saturday.....not sure yet.

BTW; I'm @ stock height..........

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #48
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
We ride in there every other weekend in the summer,
I'm not great with directions in there, we just usually GO !
There is a cool app, for Iphone, pads and touch that has all state park and roads map it's called "pocket ranger" or just "pa parks" I think.

I'm still not 100% going, I may have to go to the sportsman show in Harrisburg on Saturday.....not sure yet.
Cool, I'll check out the app, and if you can't make it we'll just GO! But hopefully you are free.

Quote:
BTW; I'm @ stock height..........
No prob, don't interpret my towing as me having a monster rig...that isn't the case. Its lifted a bit and has some rubber but I tow it because its not registered...I just haven't bothered since between the wife and I we have 3 other vehicles and insurance gets expensive and nobody ever seems to mind as long as your are wheeling responsibly.
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #49
wsar10
2003 WJ 

well I'm in........

I'm also gonna bring a freind from work she has a 2011 JK (stock) (I think)....

I will verify everything before the end of the day, but I will meet you guys at the beginning of sand mountain road @ 10AM.....
I'm looking at the pics in the above post and none of those are from Panther run, these roads are all pretty tame mountain dirt roads (except panther run) and there is a small trail or road on this side of the mountain in Milroy called "stillhouse hollow" that we could hit.

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #50
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wanted to shoot out a quick thank you to all who have expressed interest in the run! I think it'll be a good first run, and hopefully the start of something good for this area!

See ya'll tomorrow!
Unread 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #51
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Ditto...

If I am counting correctly, we have six rigs, should be a blast. Sheetz at 0915, Sand Mountain Rd. at 1000. Trails until whenever we pack it in.
Unread 02-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #52
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I'll be in my (purchased a week ago) green 93 XJ 5spd, the only thing I've done to it so far are soft 8's and vent visors..........

Unread 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #53
wsar10
2003 WJ 

bring 2ways or GSM radios if ya got em

Unread 02-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #54
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks, are they northeast of pittsburg where the dealerships on the website are? I am 15 min north of state college, just 40 min from Tyrone, so if that is where they are it's a long haul for me...bout 2 hours 45 min. also didn't see any easy contact info but I didnt really dig through their forum yet.
I see that. But there are members from State College also. That put rides together in that area.
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #55
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Well, after losing a long fight with his new soft top tonight (I helped, that thing is a B****), I think my buddy is going to back out. He was going to bring his daughter but she gets cold easily. I keep telling him that topless is the only way to wheel and if she wants to be a jeeper she has to suck it up...they aren't designed to be comfortable.

But I'll be there and my pup is always down for a jeep trip. I have PM'd my cell#... unfortunately I don't have two-ways and forgot to borrow some from work today.
Unread 02-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #56
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, after losing a long fight with his new soft top tonight (I helped, that thing is a B****), I think my buddy is going to back out. He was going to bring his daughter but she gets cold easily. I keep telling him that topless is the only way to wheel and if she wants to be a jeeper she has to suck it up...they aren't designed to be comfortable.

But I'll be there and my pup is always down for a jeep trip. I have PM'd my cell#... unfortunately I don't have two-ways and forgot to borrow some from work today.
HAHA...sounds like a plan... I have a few 2 way radios I can charge up for tomorrow as well.
Unread 02-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #57
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I have an extra 2way also

Unread 02-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #58
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I lost my cell tonight someplace in the woods this evening so it's turned off......
But I shall be there @ 1000 hours.

Unread 02-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #59
Umbra0101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How you'ns doin? I'm just outside Punxsutawney, as RU knows. Sup RU.

I need some meats, but they should be on soon, so I'd probably be up for a run after that.
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #60
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How ya doing Umbra? Did you take care if that groundhog yet? Punx is a nice place to live. You will have to make it to one of my clubs events. A huge one in May. Once we have all the Vendors set up we will post a flyer. There should be at least 300 to 400 Jeeps there. Bands, obstacle courses and rides on our private property. It is a two day event.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.