any one from central pa - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 63 Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 AM
dwbarger
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Howard
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
Houtzdale is a nice place to wheel. I am 15 minutes from it. And then there is Rock Run which is a pay and play 20 minutes from there.

Hey RU im from the howard area and always looking for places to wheel and new peoples. I was just in the Houtzdale area a couple weeks ago for the first time to wheel a lil with some newbie friends, was a good time and want to come back. next time your out to wheel lmk I just may have the time or make the time!!! Rock Run sounds interesting also as we like Rausch but its hard to get together with others to get there.
I am setup for just about any trail so green blue black red whatever its all good!!

dwbarger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 63 Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
cklanish88mj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ramey pa
Posts: 189
Could i get registration info also thanks.

96 zj 4.slow hp 30 4/88 lock right chromolly shafts turdy5 with chromolly shafts and ezlocker 4.88, 5.5in iron rock front n rear long arm with front jks acos doetech shocks, iron rock belly skid with factory up country skid everywhere else,35in mtrk on 15/8 3.75bs cragger v5,cutouts, warn 8274 roof rack olympic sliders and much more to come
cklanish88mj is offline  
post #33 of 63 Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
cklanish88mj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ramey pa
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbarger View Post
Hey RU im from the howard area and always looking for places to wheel and new peoples. I was just in the Houtzdale area a couple weeks ago for the first time to wheel a lil with some newbie friends, was a good time and want to come back. next time your out to wheel lmk I just may have the time or make the time!!! Rock Run sounds interesting also as we like Rausch but its hard to get together with others to get there.
I am setup for just about any trail so green blue black red whatever its all good!!
let me know next time you venture up to houtzdale ill make it for a worth while day of wheeling.

96 zj 4.slow hp 30 4/88 lock right chromolly shafts turdy5 with chromolly shafts and ezlocker 4.88, 5.5in iron rock front n rear long arm with front jks acos doetech shocks, iron rock belly skid with factory up country skid everywhere else,35in mtrk on 15/8 3.75bs cragger v5,cutouts, warn 8274 roof rack olympic sliders and much more to come
cklanish88mj is offline  
post #34 of 63 Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 AM
TJ-Marine PA
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Spring Mills, PA
Posts: 121
This event is about 8 miles east of State College. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f352/...-11-a-1273895/
Come out and enjoy the views. This is an easy ride with beautiful views and lots of nice color this time of year. some small rocks and some mud but mostly just forest access roads.

99 Gun Metal Blue TJ 4.0 w/ Cooper Discover STTs, Optima Red Top, Kilby Steering and Gas Tank Skids
10 Gray WK 4X4 Hemi Stock
09 Blue Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi Stock
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline  
post #35 of 63 Old 01-30-2012, 05:53 AM
takirc02
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 230
Hi all, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am in Bellefonte and looking for some wheeling partners. Let me know if anyone is going out within a 2 hour radius...Got to hit Penn's Cave next year...
takirc02 is offline  
post #36 of 63 Old 01-30-2012, 03:34 PM
R U STUCK
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
Hi all, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am in Bellefonte and looking for some wheeling partners. Let me know if anyone is going out within a 2 hour radius...Got to hit Penn's Cave next year...
Check out www.bbnt4x4.org they are in your area. And I am also a member with them.

'04 TJ Rocky Mountain, 4" Fabtech, Sitting on 35"s
Jeep Selling Guru...
IG: R_U_STUCK
R U STUCK is offline  
post #37 of 63 Old 01-31-2012, 06:55 AM
takirc02
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK

Check out www.bbnt4x4.org they are in your area. And I am also a member with them.
Thanks, are they northeast of pittsburg where the dealerships on the website are? I am 15 min north of state college, just 40 min from Tyrone, so if that is where they are it's a long haul for me...bout 2 hours 45 min. also didn't see any easy contact info but I didnt really dig through their forum yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Owning a Jeep of any sort is an experience rife with opportunity to expand one's knowledge...
takirc02 is offline  
post #38 of 63 Old 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM
DirtRider1357
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Morrisville
Posts: 531
im in altoona. 5 min from penn state altoona campus

87 YJ, 4.0L, 5speed......sold, 05 LJ Rubicon
"It'll buff out"
"If it moves and shouldn't, use Duct Tape & Zip Ties. If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40 & A hammer"
DirtRider1357 is offline  
post #39 of 63 Old 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
aggieslaughter
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State College
Posts: 86
I know it's quick but I'm looking to get out and blow off some steam!! If anyone can find any LEGAL trails to run this weekend I'd be willing to meet ya'll! I'm in the State College area! It's either run mud on a trail or sling lead at Scocia!! Let me know if anyone is interested!
aggieslaughter is offline  
post #40 of 63 Old 02-01-2012, 06:29 AM
takirc02
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
I know it's quick but I'm looking to get out and blow off some steam!! If anyone can find any LEGAL trails to run this weekend I'd be willing to meet ya'll! I'm in the State College area! It's either run mud on a trail or sling lead at Scocia!! Let me know if anyone is interested!
I'm probably in, Supposed to be beautiful on saturday...think I can get one more to join us too...he's in a stock yj, (or an old tj can't remember, he just got it) so it won't be extreme but how about heading to panther run? never been there but I found it here...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/e...-heavy-858012/ ...this is the map of where we would be headed. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St...sz=14&t=m&z=14

Or anywhere in rothrock....from the same write-up and here is a map http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St...sz=13&t=m&z=12

Tim
takirc02 is offline  
post #41 of 63 Old 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM
aggieslaughter
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State College
Posts: 86
Tim,

Sounds great! I'm in for either one, I have a buddy that's also a stock jk and wants to get out and try his skills. Let me know a time to meet up and we can gas up and head out. Shoot me a message and let me know for sure.

Thanks

Tyler
aggieslaughter is offline  
post #42 of 63 Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM
takirc02
Registered User
1984 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bellefonte
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter
Tim,

Sounds great! I'm in for either one, I have a buddy that's also a stock jk and wants to get out and try his skills. Let me know a time to meet up and we can gas up and head out. Shoot me a message and let me know for sure.

Thanks

Tyler
Alright! I'll PM you specifics tomorrow, my buddy Matt is in...9:30ish roll out? Too early? Not early enough? Have to be back early-ish afternoon, going to see Lady A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Owning a Jeep of any sort is an experience rife with opportunity to expand one's knowledge...
takirc02 is offline  
post #43 of 63 Old 02-02-2012, 05:31 AM
wsar10
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2,177
I might be interested in taking the XJ out if you guys want a third wheel ????
possibly.....not sure what we have going on.
I live in Lewistown (17044)

I run in through the Poe Valley mountain and treaster valley area (thats where panther run leads to)all the time, those are mostly old "small guage" logging railroad beds that have been converted to roads in the early 1900's (I love history)....

QUOTE=billzcat1;wsar10 is right on point on this oil thread - as usual. Anyone reading this would be well-served taking his advice.


-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline  
post #44 of 63 Old 02-02-2012, 05:44 AM
aggieslaughter
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: State College
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
Alright! I'll PM you specifics tomorrow, my buddy Matt is in...9:30ish roll out? Too early? Not early enough? Have to be back early-ish afternoon, going to see Lady A.
9:30 sounds good to me. We can meet up at the sheetz at Atherton/Vally Vista Dr/ I-99 on ramp around 9:15 and see who shows up and then roll at 9:30. I've got obligations starting at 4:00 pm so a early quitting time is also fine with me. If you want to pick the place we can convoy out once all show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
I might be interested in taking the XJ out if you guys want a third wheel ????
possibly.....not sure what we have going on.
I live in Lewistown (17044)
WSAR,

Come on out... I'm always looking to meet new wheelers in the area. As stated above we're meeting at the Sheetz there in State College off of Atherton and 99 intersection.


See ya'll there!
aggieslaughter is offline  
post #45 of 63 Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM
wsar10
Registered User
2003 WJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 2,177
where do you guys think you will enter the woods ?
tussey, or Poe valley turn off on top of the mountains or else where ??

The reason I'm asking is because for me to drive to sheetz I would be driving 30-40 min PAST the roads we will be on, So it would make sense for me to get somebody's cell # and meet up at the beginning of the dirt road.

You can get to panther run from milroy and tread back toward poe valley (sand mnt rd) or start by poe valley and tread toward treaster valley,

QUOTE=billzcat1;wsar10 is right on point on this oil thread - as usual. Anyone reading this would be well-served taking his advice.


-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Anyone in central FLA RMFK13 Florida Jeep Forum 20 12-25-2009 09:00 PM
central pa 95yj_bstick North East USA 4 10-21-2009 01:57 PM
Need help from someone in central FL 4wheel4real Florida Jeep Forum 19 09-28-2009 06:26 AM
Looking to See ppl from Central, PA wagster11 North East USA 0 07-07-2009 08:01 AM
Central KY JPH Kentucky Jeep Forum 2 06-21-2008 05:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome