any one from central pa - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > any one from central pa

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #31
dwbarger
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK View Post
Houtzdale is a nice place to wheel. I am 15 minutes from it. And then there is Rock Run which is a pay and play 20 minutes from there.

Hey RU im from the howard area and always looking for places to wheel and new peoples. I was just in the Houtzdale area a couple weeks ago for the first time to wheel a lil with some newbie friends, was a good time and want to come back. next time your out to wheel lmk I just may have the time or make the time!!! Rock Run sounds interesting also as we like Rausch but its hard to get together with others to get there.
I am setup for just about any trail so green blue black red whatever its all good!!

dwbarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:46 AM   #32
cklanish88mj
1998 ZJ 

Could i get registration info also thanks.
96 zj 4.slow hp 30 4/88 lock right chromolly shafts turdy5 with chromolly shafts and ezlocker 4.88, 5.5in iron rock front n rear long arm with front jks acos doetech shocks, iron rock belly skid with factory up country skid everywhere else,35in mtrk on 15/8 3.75bs cragger v5,cutouts, warn 8274 roof rack olympic sliders and much more to come
cklanish88mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 01:50 AM   #33
cklanish88mj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbarger View Post
Hey RU im from the howard area and always looking for places to wheel and new peoples. I was just in the Houtzdale area a couple weeks ago for the first time to wheel a lil with some newbie friends, was a good time and want to come back. next time your out to wheel lmk I just may have the time or make the time!!! Rock Run sounds interesting also as we like Rausch but its hard to get together with others to get there.
I am setup for just about any trail so green blue black red whatever its all good!!
let me know next time you venture up to houtzdale ill make it for a worth while day of wheeling.
96 zj 4.slow hp 30 4/88 lock right chromolly shafts turdy5 with chromolly shafts and ezlocker 4.88, 5.5in iron rock front n rear long arm with front jks acos doetech shocks, iron rock belly skid with factory up country skid everywhere else,35in mtrk on 15/8 3.75bs cragger v5,cutouts, warn 8274 roof rack olympic sliders and much more to come
cklanish88mj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #34
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This event is about 8 miles east of State College. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f352/...-11-a-1273895/
Come out and enjoy the views. This is an easy ride with beautiful views and lots of nice color this time of year. some small rocks and some mud but mostly just forest access roads.
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 05:53 AM   #35
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Hi all, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am in Bellefonte and looking for some wheeling partners. Let me know if anyone is going out within a 2 hour radius...Got to hit Penn's Cave next year...
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #36
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
Hi all, I know it has been a while since anyone posted on this thread, but I am in Bellefonte and looking for some wheeling partners. Let me know if anyone is going out within a 2 hour radius...Got to hit Penn's Cave next year...
Check out www.bbnt4x4.org they are in your area. And I am also a member with them.
R U STUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #37
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by R U STUCK

Check out www.bbnt4x4.org they are in your area. And I am also a member with them.
Thanks, are they northeast of pittsburg where the dealerships on the website are? I am 15 min north of state college, just 40 min from Tyrone, so if that is where they are it's a long haul for me...bout 2 hours 45 min. also didn't see any easy contact info but I didnt really dig through their forum yet.
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #38
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

im in altoona. 5 min from penn state altoona campus
DirtRider1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:37 PM   #39
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

I know it's quick but I'm looking to get out and blow off some steam!! If anyone can find any LEGAL trails to run this weekend I'd be willing to meet ya'll! I'm in the State College area! It's either run mud on a trail or sling lead at Scocia!! Let me know if anyone is interested!
aggieslaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:29 AM   #40
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter View Post
I know it's quick but I'm looking to get out and blow off some steam!! If anyone can find any LEGAL trails to run this weekend I'd be willing to meet ya'll! I'm in the State College area! It's either run mud on a trail or sling lead at Scocia!! Let me know if anyone is interested!
I'm probably in, Supposed to be beautiful on saturday...think I can get one more to join us too...he's in a stock yj, (or an old tj can't remember, he just got it) so it won't be extreme but how about heading to panther run? never been there but I found it here...http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f58/e...-heavy-858012/ ...this is the map of where we would be headed. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St...sz=14&t=m&z=14

Or anywhere in rothrock....from the same write-up and here is a map http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=St...sz=13&t=m&z=12

Tim
takirc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #41
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Tim,

Sounds great! I'm in for either one, I have a buddy that's also a stock jk and wants to get out and try his skills. Let me know a time to meet up and we can gas up and head out. Shoot me a message and let me know for sure.

Thanks

Tyler
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
takirc02
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieslaughter
Tim,

Sounds great! I'm in for either one, I have a buddy that's also a stock jk and wants to get out and try his skills. Let me know a time to meet up and we can gas up and head out. Shoot me a message and let me know for sure.

Thanks

Tyler
Alright! I'll PM you specifics tomorrow, my buddy Matt is in...9:30ish roll out? Too early? Not early enough? Have to be back early-ish afternoon, going to see Lady A.
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #43
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I might be interested in taking the XJ out if you guys want a third wheel ????
possibly.....not sure what we have going on.
I live in Lewistown (17044)

I run in through the Poe Valley mountain and treaster valley area (thats where panther run leads to)all the time, those are mostly old "small guage" logging railroad beds that have been converted to roads in the early 1900's (I love history)....

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 05:44 AM   #44
aggieslaughter
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takirc02 View Post
Alright! I'll PM you specifics tomorrow, my buddy Matt is in...9:30ish roll out? Too early? Not early enough? Have to be back early-ish afternoon, going to see Lady A.
9:30 sounds good to me. We can meet up at the sheetz at Atherton/Vally Vista Dr/ I-99 on ramp around 9:15 and see who shows up and then roll at 9:30. I've got obligations starting at 4:00 pm so a early quitting time is also fine with me. If you want to pick the place we can convoy out once all show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsar10 View Post
I might be interested in taking the XJ out if you guys want a third wheel ????
possibly.....not sure what we have going on.
I live in Lewistown (17044)
WSAR,

Come on out... I'm always looking to meet new wheelers in the area. As stated above we're meeting at the Sheetz there in State College off of Atherton and 99 intersection.

See ya'll there!
Unread 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #45
wsar10
2003 WJ 

where do you guys think you will enter the woods ?
tussey, or Poe valley turn off on top of the mountains or else where ??

The reason I'm asking is because for me to drive to sheetz I would be driving 30-40 min PAST the roads we will be on, So it would make sense for me to get somebody's cell # and meet up at the beginning of the dirt road.

You can get to panther run from milroy and tread back toward poe valley (sand mnt rd) or start by poe valley and tread toward treaster valley,

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.