any one from central pa - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > any one from central pa

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #16
cougar2

Fyi - this will be a great event for stock rigs as well. The trails were built by a GM hummer dealership back between 2003-2008. They wanted everyone to be able to trail ride & not beat up their vehicle, etc. Along the trails are optional obstacles with bypasses. When you come to an obstacle,, you have the choice to try it or bypass it .
There are many different obstacles. For example - here are just a few: rock gardens, water fording basin, steam crossings, Super-V (v ditch), Dugan's Down Under mud pit = where there will be a mud pit competion on the last morning of the event , etc.
If you try an obstacle,, depending on the obstacle - damage to your rig is possible, etc -

As of last night's Event Staff meeting ,, they decided to have a Swap Meet, too, beside the vendor area.
Looks like both tent & RV camping are going to be allowed, also - however,, no open camp fires will be allowed. No hookups on the show grounds, unfortunately ~~~

Registration will open towards the end of August on the Penn's Cave website.
www.pennscave.com
I'll post a note here when registration opens.
Thanks,,
Bill

cougar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
nothingsacred
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is perfect as I will be moving into the Lehigh Valley area around that time and would really like to meet some local jeep owners who offroad and my girlfriend is a biology major who rehabs bats and loves wildlife so this is perfect opportunity. I will definitely be attending.
nothingsacred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #18
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Sweet, although the "no campfire" thing almost ruins it for me,

oh well I'll leave the camper at home and that will give me a reason to grab a jacuzii suite someplace close by !!

The dates you posted prior are weekdays ?? Will this be a weekend or what ?
What will it cost to trailride ?

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
cougar2

November 4th (Friday), 5th (Saturday), & 6th (Sunday) - 2011

Briefly - registration will open Friday morning. We will run some trails Friday afternoon (for those who do make it in either Thursday night or Friday am.)
Friday night - bonfire, D.J., & private cave tours at night !!!

Saturday - trails all day. Pig Roast at night ... possible night time Jeep recon run (on a safe trail loop) Cave tours Sat. night , another bonfire, too ~~~

Sunday - Memorial dedication & annual induction onto the Patriot's Board of Honor (this will occur early morning at Patroit's Point / Patroit's lookout)

AND THEN the weekend ends with a "kick butt" Jeep mud pit competion

Note: these are just a few brief details ... an exact schedule, with pricing & registration will all be posted in mid-August on the Penn's Cave website.
www.pennscave.com

Bill
Unread 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #20
Bordr329
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I could be down for this. Its a bit of a haul for me but sounds like a good time. Gotta fix my tcase skid nutserts first
Bordr329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #21
cougar2

"Wheelin' for Wildlife"

Hey Everybody ... thanks for your posts
No matter where you might live in the mid-atlantic region,, the event staff is on a mission to make this an event well worth your long drive & attendance
After todays all day planning session here at the park,, the "event mantra" has become: "Wheelin' for Wildlife" in support of the www.wildlifeforeveryone.org foundation

Here's something cool that came out of todays session:
- for the mudders ... there is already a cool mud pit fording basin out on one of the trails. However,, a 2nd tourist spectator mud pit & rock crawl area was approved for construction within walking distance of the main Penn's Cave Visitors Center. Even if you do not own a Jeep, however, you still think that they are cool - come on out,, hang out,, walk about,, park yourself & watch the mudders show off to compete.
Before it's all over ... you'll be thinkin' about ... how soon you can buy your first Jeep
Unread 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #22
cougar2

ps. Could I use the word "cool" a few more times ???
Sorry ... it's been a long day :
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
cougar2

Arrow Wheelin' for Wildlife ~~~

Fyi - the Eagle Valley team just put up event Vendor info. on their site:
www.eaglevalleyoffroaders.com

Once you find your way over to their hompage ,, click on the "No Roads Necessary" 2011 link
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
cougar2

ps. registration packet should be online at the Eagle Valley OffRoaders homepage by Saturday

We all hope to see ya'll out here at the Park in November

Bill
Unread 08-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #25
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

i live about 2 hours north of houtzdale. after i actually get the jeep rolling i will be hopefully organizing trail rides and events next year. we have a "riders association" up here that had been for motorcycle rides but the club has long since failed and will be revived next spring as the cameron county riders association. my brother and i will be running the club and are hoping to make a few club trips to RAUSCH CREEK for a weekend each time. everything from charity dice runs to fundraising for the clubs trips will hopefully be a monthly to bi-weekly occurrence.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
i live about 2 hours north of houtzdale. after i actually get the jeep rolling i will be hopefully organizing trail rides and events next year. we have a "riders association" up here that had been for motorcycle rides but the club has long since failed and will be revived next spring as the cameron county riders association. my brother and i will be running the club and are hoping to make a few club trips to RAUSCH CREEK for a weekend each time. everything from charity dice runs to fundraising for the clubs trips will hopefully be a monthly to bi-weekly occurrence.
Houtzdale is a nice place to wheel. I am 15 minutes from it. And then there is Rock Run which is a pay and play 20 minutes from there.
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #27
FleshEater
2014 JK Wrangler 

I don't see any information for this event on the Penn's Cave site.
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #28
qlfarm
1990 YJ Wrangler 

It is on the Eagle Valley Offroaders website: http://eaglevalleyoffroaders.com/wp/?page_id=55
qlfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 07:07 AM   #29
Gunsmith
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im from Tyrone, Im lookin for trails too
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #30
R U STUCK
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
Im from Tyrone, Im lookin for trails too
I will get ahold of ya next time we wheel.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.