Any free trails in the reading area? Maybe power lines? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Any free trails in the reading area? Maybe power lines?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
psheffern
2008 JK Wrangler 

Any free trails in the reading area? Maybe power lines?

Just got an 04 TJ and I'm trying to find some local FREE trails to go mess around on. Anyone know any?

psheffern is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
wsar10
2003 WJ 

I would stay away from power lines......
that,s a no go in PA, along with railroad tracks.

ppl destroying **** and littering has ruined that.

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
psheffern
2008 JK Wrangler 

Im from upstate NY and thats what we always drove on up there....that sucks....ive been hearing its getting harder and harder to find places....i guess i will have to do some riding around and see what i can find...thx
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
wsar10
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psheffern View Post
Im from upstate NY and thats what we always drove on up there....that sucks....ive been hearing its getting harder and harder to find places....i guess i will have to do some riding around and see what i can find...thx
I use google earth to try and find trails, and than we have an online database (locally) that gives land owner info.
But more times than most when you track down a land owner down they want no part of wheeling on there ground (again prev. ppl have left a bad taste in there mouth with legality's)

-03 WJ laredo 4.0 120k a few minor mods
-93 XJ 5spd, 3" zone lift
wsar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
psheffern
2008 JK Wrangler 

thx for the info...i'll check it out
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
rkymtn05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

There's plenty of trails if you're willing to drive North a bit. I go to Mt. Carmel/Centralia area several times a year and just went to Trevorton for the first time two weekends ago. All free wheeling and very cool terrain for any type of rig.
Unread 05-10-2012, 02:32 AM   #7
psheffern
2008 JK Wrangler 

Awesome thx

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.