Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area Summer Run 2012 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area Summer Run 2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #31
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I understand they were doing us a favor letting us come up (for free) and that they arent familiar with us or our rigs abilities. My main problem was that, as you said, he was very emphatic that I shouldn't try basically anything we did that afternoon, and when I brought to his attention that I had a problem with that he was completely unwilling to offer any sort of alternative. That's my main problem. I told him point blank that I refused to believe that there was just the access road and trails where you HAVE to have lockers and no middle ground and he just shrugged his shoulders at me. That's all I was asking for was something in between a 2wd access road and a "lockers only" black trail and he had no answer.

It's not your fault, and again I appreciate you taking the time to put this together. And as far as missing the morning, I'll take at least part of the responsibility for that because a) I was the one who was a few minutes late and b) as you said, I should've gotten your number, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, I just needed to vent last night, so I'm done talking about this. I'd love to come up again sometime and try some of the trails. Maybe by next time I'll have come up with the money for at least one locker so this won't be an issue anymore.

Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #32
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Personally in the afternoon I think our guide was being really conservative about the locker thing on the Jeep Jamboree trail, I was one of the first in line so ended up taking the easier loop but I ran the whole trail and the trench unlocked and I'm pretty sure I was the smallest Jeep there with only 33's that ran the hard stuff. Now the rocky hill climb in the morning and the rock garden in the afternoon I definetly needed my locker and even the winch at one point due to a lack of clearence.

Here are a few pictures I took

And I found out I can still rock my 7 year old to sleep

it just takes bigger rocks

Videos are coming
Unread 07-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #33
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

the Jeep Jamboree Trail & Trench video

Unread 07-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
JoneszJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

awesome videos and pics. Man, i want to be back out there....
JoneszJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
chevellian
2006 TJ Wrangler 

X2, thanks for posting them

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.