8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 02-22-2009, 01:38 PM   #91
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

im up here as im typin this...had no problems getting thru, but unless I missed somethin its just a straight trail.

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:04 PM   #92
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

soo the 7th of march we are set for?
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:17 PM   #93
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

As far as I know its the 7th of march but I dont know the time yet.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #94
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

just got back.
as my previous post says, unless I missed something, it was just a straight trail. I went down a side trail and it went to an abandonded house. looked more like a hunting blind/shack, but other than that didnt really see any other side trails that werent POSTED
if i wasnt by myself, i prolly would have done more, but i didnt want to get stuck
Unread 02-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #95
punkrockdrummer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm from the wilkes-barre area, would this place be worth the drive to go and wheel there??
punkrockdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2009, 09:18 PM   #96
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrockdrummer View Post
I'm from the wilkes-barre area, would this place be worth the drive to go and wheel there??
It all depends on how much wheeling you got up there. If you have alot then i wouldnt make the drive, but if you got nothing then hell yea i would come down. I have been up there quite a bit and its alright, i did everything with my jeep when it was still stock, but it is quite fun

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #97
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I only saw one vehicle there when I was there. It was 3 kids in a Ford Ranger. They brought their dirtbike with em and were rippin around.
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #98
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

hello,
I am from the whitehall are near allentown. I know where this is in windgap and i am thinking of joining you all on the 7th. My question is would this be a great place for a first timer? The closest offroading i have done so far is hunting roads. I have always wanted to try something a little more "offroad".
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #99
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It will be perfect for a first timer, its not to hard, there are some spots that it might take some getting used to but with that much lift and 35's you shouldnt have a problem with catching your diffs on anything.

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #100
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

sounds good. I have been looking for someplace to go for quite awhile. It would be nice to wheel with you guys as long as you can tolerate a newbi asking questions and possibly having to be corrected lol
Unread 02-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #101
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

We are all newbs at one point, and you really shouldnt have any problems at all, my jeep tackled most of it stock and last time i went a xj tackled it stock

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:05 PM   #102
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

So where is everyone meeting up at on the 7th, are you just going to meet up there or somewhere in town?
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #103
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well we all could meet up there, but some of the newer people might not know whats going on. Do we all want to meet in the Kmart parking lot thats a few mins down the road ?? I can get the address for anybody that wants/needs it for directions

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM   #104
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

When I asked Mike he told me to meet him at liberty high school but thats in bethlehem so I dont know where we should meet you.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #105
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

anywhere in the area works for me. i do know the area a small amount. I used to live in the Bangor area and still travel up their every so often

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.