8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #76
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91XJCowboy View Post
The 7th I might be free If I can tag along. Who's all headin up?
1988XJ said that there was a couple people up if i wanted to go, so i said sure i was going to be home that day any way. So if you talk to mike im sure he has some more people that are going

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #77
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by choeyreplied View Post
Hey guys, never posted on this thread but have followed it kinda. I was up near camel back ski area today and i was really crowded so i through the address for this place in my friends GPS and headed over to just check it out. I thought it was pretty nice. Didn't really know where i was going, off the main road i took a trail down to the left and then headed out the those power lines, then headed back up to the road. are those the only trails? I saw pictures of people driving through i stream there where is that?
Those are not the only trails there. There are two ways in but im guess that you took the one that turns into a gravel road then into the trail. Well off the road that you made a left onto, there is another left with a crater like thing. Then at the bottom of that you can take another left and that heads out to other parts. I havent really been that way my self. We are planning a trail ride for march 7th if you would like to come. Prob heading out around 10:30. Im on here alot so just post back

I guess our question of is it open again has been answered

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
Unread 02-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #78
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

hey if you guys dont mind, can i come along? id like to check this place out
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #79
choeyreplied
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah i was open with in the first ten minutes i there i saw a group and 6 wranglers and 2 Cherokees, they said it was there first time there too. So we ended up with ten jeeps with out even planning it which was really cool. I might be installing my lift the 6th so if it is ready on the seventh will definitely head up.
choeyreplied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #80
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
Just so you know it's a little bit of a ride for you to get there lurker. from where your comin from look at about 30 min to an hour depending on what way you go. More than likely I'll be there (unless I lose my license when I go to court on the 24th).
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #81
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
Just so you know it's a little bit of a ride for you to get there lurker. from where your comin from look at about 30 min to an hour depending on what way you go. More than likely I'll be there (unless I lose my license when I go to court on the 24th).
What did you do?

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #82
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
What did you do?
this happened back in September...
well, decided to go out to the bar with some friends.
had a few drinks and left the bar around 1am. was on my way home and saw those blue and red flashing lights behind me. I was really hoping that the cops just wanted to go by. NOPE!! They wanted me
they pulled me over for failure to keep right, and smelled alcohol.
got the whole roadside drunk test and got arrested. got back to the station and did the breathalizer and blew a .07 (limit is .08)..soooo, i was under the limit but they still gave me a DWI and Failure to keep right, plus pay $300 to get my Jeep outta impound.
Court date has been postponed like 7 times and id now scheduled for the 24th
I'll have to see what happens.
my own stupidity
Unread 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #83
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixiesCJ3B View Post
Alright we are going up on the 7th, not this saturday if you are free.
Just keep me posted.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #84
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice keep us all in the loop and if it gets outta hand we got enough people here to come and bust you out!!!

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #85
j.love
1994 ZJ 

I'll see if I can get my but out there to meet you guys.

You guys arent going to tell me to go home if I dont have any tow hooks are you?
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
—Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #86
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
Of course you can come, it will be nice if we have a big group of jeeps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_Richie View Post
Just keep me posted.
Will do man

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.love View Post
I'll see if I can get my but out there to meet you guys.
You guys arent going to tell me to go home if I dont have any tow hooks are you?
Of course are you crazy, no man right now i dont have any tow points either except for my axles

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 02-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #87
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Nice keep us all in the loop and if it gets outta hand we got enough people here to come and bust you out!!!
sweet! nice to know there's people that have my back! lol

I'm tryin to get myself motivated to get my lazy self off the couch and take a ride over to 8th street, but I just have no energy right now. I'd get my wife to go with me but being that she's pregnant, it's not the greatest idea to take her off-roadin right now.
Unread 02-22-2009, 11:44 AM   #88
H3RTCH
Live Free or Die.

2004 WJ 

Dang, 2 hours is a bit of a haul, but put me down for a maybe. It depends if I get the vacuum disconnect thing out of there for a solid shaft, but then again...

Brandon
H3RTCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #89
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixiesCJ3B View Post

Of course are you crazy, no man right now i dont have any tow points either except for my axles
That has to be about the nicest thing anybody has said to me lately.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
—Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #90
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.love View Post
That has to be about the nicest thing anybody has said to me lately.
Well then im glad that i could brighten you day

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.