8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 11-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #46
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Sooooo, when is this pipe line supposed to be done? I'm new to the area and would like to go and check the place out.

Looked at the map and this place backs up to the game lands. looks big back in there. Are there areas that I should stay out of?

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
—Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #47
OffroadAlex
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I don't think we are suppose to be there at all, but nobody really cares, as long as your respectful back there. The areas you should stay out off is when you get close to a house, other than that you don't really have anything to worry about. You know once you've been there. What area did you move to.
OffroadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2008, 10:09 AM   #48
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadAlex View Post
Well I don't think we are suppose to be there at all, but nobody really cares, as long as your respectful back there. The areas you should stay out off is when you get close to a house, other than that you don't really have anything to worry about. You know once you've been there. What area did you move to.
Its public game land, so it doesnt matter that we are back there. They only time that i dont go back is during hunting season, just out of respect to the people that hunt back there. Also there are some areas that are posted private property, stay out of those areas and you will be fine

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #49
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadAlex View Post
Just west of Allentown near Emmaus.

Yea, I dont think I'll get back there this fall, Maybe in the spring I'll do a little exploring when the hunting season is done with. I dont need any holes in the side of my Jeep.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
—Joe Biden
Unread 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #50
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

j.love

Are you familiar with Sauerkraut rd at all?

If you are you have probably seen the ruts next to the one lane bridge.
my friends and I are rippin up a new mud pit down by the abandoned barn there and if you ever make it by there stop by and rip away.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #51
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjcowboy View Post
j.love

Are you familiar with Sauerkraut rd at all?

If you are you have probably seen the ruts next to the one lane bridge.
my friends and I are rippin up a new mud pit down by the abandoned barn there and if you ever make it by there stop by and rip away.
Not familiar with it yet. Is it Sauerkraut lane? thats the only one google shows.
—Joe Biden
Unread 11-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #52
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yea it is I just mix that part up all the time.

Unread 11-18-2008, 04:13 PM   #53
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Yea, thats not to far from me. I'll have to cruze down that road and see what I can find.
—Joe Biden
Unread 11-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #54
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I will probably head down at like 4:30 or 5:00 tomorrow, if you want to go down let me know.

PM sent

Unread 11-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #55
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Xj

hey guys ive gone up to windgap a ****load of times. im patching some holes in my floor now so i can herculine it but once i get the holes patched im heading back up. maybe in a week or 2. its so cold outside to be doing metal work so idk. if anyone wants to head up let me know i know it pretty well up there. where does everyone live cuz i live in easton and am friends with the kid who started this thread
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2009, 11:42 PM   #56
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I am bringing this thread back from the dead in hopes that we can actually get this trail ride going. I have to wait untill I get another cherokee as I blew mine up. I am thinking early march would be a good time to head up if anyone else is up for it post here.

Unread 02-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #57
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im down i have spring break the first week of march. Are we allowed to go back there yet or are they still working on the pipeline??

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
Unread 02-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #58
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i heard there is no more construction going on but i havent seen it first hand. i dont really care as long as no one is there im going in. i have to trailer my jeep so im not turning around and going all the way home. Im almost done with my floor so ill be able to go up for a ride. maybe after spring break because im most likely going down south where its ****ing warm.
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #59
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well maybe ill have to check it out, cause i only live like 10 mins from there next time im home and then ill report back on this thread

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 02-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #60
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If I go depends on if I can get a jeep and install my goodies on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.