Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

8th Street, Wingap PA

32K views 252 replies 40 participants last post by  cjpoulos 
#1 ·
Im looking for people who know about 8th street in Wind Gap Pa. My friends and I have been going there for years. I wanted to start a post about how us Eastern Pennsylvianains Wheel. If anyone has any good stories or pictures about 8th street post them. Also share some info about some trails you might know about there is more then you think there.

#112 ·
Well considering that people seem to be showing up around 1, is it cool if we meet in the Kmart parking lot around 1, to get everybody together so that if we have some new people they know where to find it. Just let me know im cool for anything.

#114 ·
Well I get out of work at 12:30, but I'm almost possitive I won't have my cherokee ready by then ( I forgot its not inspected either), I'll just bring my TJ, It's mostly stock and It's my DD so I don't like to beat on it that often, but it's for the greater good and plus I haven't been there In a long time.

#115 ·
Yeah it had leafs, and I was gonna get them, but didn't have that much money on me, so I figured if worse comes to worse I could always order a aal from rustys. By any chance did you get the lower control arms from the cherokee.

#117 ·
Hell yeah I have 2 XJs, just ones front end is smashed in (thats the good one), and the other is a 92 limited I got from my cousin for like 500 bucks, so I'm trying to keep this project as cheap as I can. So far so good. Did you ever go to EZ Pull in New Ringgold, I'm gonna head up there to look for fenders, header panel, and a grill for my 95 XJ, but mabey with any luck I can find some suspension parts for the 92.

#119 ·
Hey Im headed up to EZ pull this weekend on sat if all goes well on sat (getting my new jeep) things are cheap up there and there are tons of vehicles (I only went once to get a windshield so I didnt see but 3 rows of vehicles.

Chad I think I am meeting you guys there at the high school. I let my one friend here know and he is checking if he can get off of work and come up.

I think 1:00 at Kmart sounds good.

Heres a question for everyone. Are you eating before hand or when we get there?

#120 ·
I will prob eat something before 1 and then ill prob grab something after we are done.

#122 ·
There is a subway, a pizza shop, a diner, wendys, burgerking, mcdonalds, and an arbys

#125 ·
EZ pull or Harry's? I might not be heading up anymore. It all depends on if I get the jeep on sat and get a few other things done.

Im thinking go to the pizza shop afterwards. Anyone else?

#130 ·
It sounds like there is a bunch of people going to be there. Im sure looking forward to it :2thumbsup:

#131 ·
Hell yeah man, I can't wait I haven't been wheeling since god knows when. I think I might have a couple people going from down here in Easton, but I'm not sure yet. If I can't make it in time to meet you guys at K-mart, I'll just meet you guys on the trails. I can't be hard to find 10 jeeps together up there, I hope.

#134 ·
Alright that sounds good, yea i dont think that it will be that hard to find us :laugh:

Yes 1 o'clock at Kmart on the 7th of march

#135 ·
im pretty familiar with windgap since ive been there like 30 times but it is not a good idea to up into the trails from 8th street since it sounds like you will have a lot of people. go in the bottom entrance but be quiet on the gravel road because its peoples private driveways. take 191 through windgap, there will be a CVS on right about 1/4 mile after wendys i think it is, take a left at CVS(theres a stoplight there) and follow that straight on this backroad for like 5 or so minutes and u will come to a T in the road. take a left and about 100 yards down there will be a gravel road on your right and a house right next to it. go down that and you'll find your way in. :cheers:

#136 ·
I don't know how many people are going exactly, but from what I saw today 5 or 6 Jeeps at one time would be about the most I could forsee being there. Depending on how many people are going, everyone may want to split up into groups and go in a few at a time, and from both entrances. Now, I don't know the whole place very well, but from what I saw today with lurkeryj, the place ain't huge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.