8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiHappy Thursday! From Morris 4X4 Center

Unread 12-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #241
tony_4_strings

Are there lots of trails up there?

tony_4_strings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #242
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_4_strings View Post
Are there lots of trails up there?
Not really. It's just a long bumpy dirt road with a ton of puddles after it rains. During the day you can drive off the road into the woods but Eastern PA woods are pretty dense so its hard to maneuver around. It's definitely worth a trip one day if you're not busy.
PeterSyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #243
tony_4_strings

http://poconos.craigslist.org/pts/3528351570.html

This is my posting selling my 3" lift 2" spacers and brand new bfg at kos 31x10.50
tony_4_strings is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #244
noroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSyz View Post
Not really. It's just a long bumpy dirt road with a ton of puddles after it rains. During the day you can drive off the road into the woods but Eastern PA woods are pretty dense so its hard to maneuver around. It's definitely worth a trip one day if you're not busy.
Is this a legal place to go or no? And do people care if you go with a pickup? Could it last?
noroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #245
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There are some property disputes going on right now and some of the people back there are a little weary about people screwing around back there. If you stop at the pipeline it should be okay. And as for a pickup, there have been Subarus back there on days where it was dry, So it should be fine as long as it's not a lowered S10 haha
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #246
noroad

Subarus?!?! Wouldn't they bottom out back there? And have any of you ever heard of the U.O.A (Unknown Offroad Association)?
noroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #247
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by noroad View Post
Subarus?!?! Wouldn't they bottom out back there? And have any of you ever heard of the U.O.A (Unknown Offroad Association)?
Yeah, I'm apart of UOA and yes, a Subaru. It no longer exists but it made it back there once haha
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #248
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

if 8th street is more than a 20 min drive and you have tires bigger than 195s i wouldnt bother making a trip its just a long dirt road with puddles. but if that is what youre into check it out than lol

UOA is a good group on FB peter and i are both part of it.

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #249
yamazinger
1993 XJ Cherokee 

ive been up there a bunch of times before i had my lift. i got to know it pretty well. there are some cool spots up there back in the woods that people dont know about. i had a blast back there. its not a huge area but if you wanna take it slow and check out the woods its a fun time. i have been yelled at for being up there before. everyone claims they own it even though idt anyone that lives around it actually owns it. i havent been up there since they build the pipeline either. can anyone elaborate on what the status is? im dying to take my jeep out once i get home from this ****hole country im deployed to.
yamazinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #250
cjpoulos
2000 XJ Cherokee 

if anyone has been up their can you say what itss like up their ive heard about it and im thinking about going up this week?
cjpoulos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #251
PeterSyz
1992 YJ Wrangler 

We just went back last week with about 10 Jeeps. We went around 9 at night and didn't cause any trouble and nobody bothered us. It's the best after it has rained IMO.
Unread 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #252
parabellum1130
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ive ben back there a few times with friends .... its fun , theres a lot of tight trails off the main road it ...1 even has a hell ova hole bout as deep asa lifted truck we nearly got stuck after a rainy day ....heard cops go back there now though n give people a rash of **** but hasn't happened to any1 I know personally just a rumor so far....id still go ...
parabellum1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #253
cjpoulos
2000 XJ Cherokee 

im thinking about going back saturday afternoon or something anyone care to join? its gonnna be me and maybe a buddy
cjpoulos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.