8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #196
choeyreplied
1997 TJ Wrangler 

looks like you guys had fun Saturday, i wish i could have made it so meet some of you guys but you know i was to busy putting on my lift. Ha Ha, i want to hear more about this Marshall creek place, is that in PA or NJ?

choeyreplied is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #197
coalregionXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.love View Post
Hey that was a low blow.... I'll get it running again.

But seriously, sounds like it is the first assumption about the old man, just another grumpy old man.

haha def not directed tward you bro, but im sure you already know that hence the old man comment.. but i bet the old man is just jealous , people around here do that too b/s excuses why we cant go wheelin in places. i just go wheelon neway until a REAL owner comes at me with a stick , then i leave. stickless owners dont scare me though.
32's mastercraft courser mt's
homemade snorkel
"hold my beer and watch this
coalregionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #198
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Yea, I was just play'n

when you guys try to get together up at M.Creek, I'll tag along with somebody.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #199
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OK ... today was good.. I was on my way to Allentown, stopped off the windgap exit to get some gas and wouldnt you know it .. A windgap cop at the gas station.I stopped in and couldnt believe it was someone I know from a long time ago. We got talking and I asked what the deal is with offroading 8th street. He said that it is not posted and to have a good time untill it gets posted. They have never had any complaints from the owner and untill they do its free to roam.
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 06:59 PM   #200
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Thats great news. Once I get my new battery fixed and have some time Ill get a few of you and go. Apparently my alternator doesnt like me being burried almost to the top of the headlights in mud. I was at RC all weekend and got stuck in about 4 feet of mud and water. My buddy was up to his knees in mud sitting in the seat with the doors off.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #201
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiel View Post
OK ... today was good.. I was on my way to Allentown, stopped off the windgap exit to get some gas and wouldnt you know it .. A windgap cop at the gas station.I stopped in and couldnt believe it was someone I know from a long time ago. We got talking and I asked what the deal is with offroading 8th street. He said that it is not posted and to have a good time untill it gets posted. They have never had any complaints from the owner and untill they do its free to roam.
Thats awesome, and pretty much what my buddy was saying too.
I got my lift on today so its sitting higher now , got a couple things to do yet and get my alignment so I can put my new wheels and tires on and I should be set
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #202
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiel View Post
NICE!!! well then, looks like we have an open door to have some fun!!

btw, I got another XJ on Saturday...
CHECK IT OUT
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #203
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
NICE!!! well then, looks like we have an open door to have some fun!!

btw, I got another XJ on Saturday...
CHECK IT OUT
Congrats on the new xj Rob, let me know if you need some help with it or when you want to head out there. Got the zj done but I have a few issues to iron out yet.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #204
Sacred_Asylum
1995 YJ Wrangler 

was anyone there this weekend or is it posted yet?
Sacred_Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #205
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm thinkin about takin a ride to 8th street tomorrow (Thursday) if anyone is interested in goin
Unread 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM   #206
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey rob Call me when you get a chance.

That spot near my house might be of interest to you.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #207
T3hRustyWalnut
1979 CJ7 

I was there 2 weekends ago for the first time. Went with people who have been there before. And they said there used to be alot more trails on the pipeline. But now there are rows and rows of boulders and steel gates all along the pipeline and the whole hillside has been graded flat. The only real wheeling we did was through a deep water hole on the main trail jst past the pipeline.

If there is some other trails somewhere back there someone knows about I would like to know.

I dont know if anyone else has been up there since they have been done with pipeline work. Even though I never was there before the work was done. It doesnt seem interesting anymore
Unread 04-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #208
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3hRustyWalnut View Post
I was there 2 weekends ago for the first time. Went with people who have been there before. And they said there used to be alot more trails on the pipeline. But now there are rows and rows of boulders and steel gates all along the pipeline and the whole hillside has been graded flat. The only real wheeling we did was through a deep water hole on the main trail jst past the pipeline.

If there is some other trails somewhere back there someone knows about I would like to know.

I dont know if anyone else has been up there since they have been done with pipeline work. Even though I never was there before the work was done. It doesnt seem interesting anymore
well when you come onto 8th st and get past all the houses there is a trail that shoots down off to the left before you get to the pipeline. it goes down to an abandoned "shack" and there's a few loops that go around from there. that's about it as far as i have seen.

I was up in Stokes State Forrest today and found a bunch of trails that I havent been on before. Spent about 2 1/2 hours there and still didnt hit all the trails that were there. Soon we'll have to get a group and head up there. As long as you dont go where the posted signs are, your fine. There were a lot of trails that used to be posted that aren't anymore. Pm me if you wanna head up that way soon
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #209
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would love to check that out, but it will prob have to wait till like late may or early june, my tranny bit the dust and i wont have the money to fix it till then

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #210
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I might start a thread for Stokes. I can't decide on if I want to go to 8th street today or go back to Stokes and map all the trails. I have a GPS reciever and program for my laptop, but forgot to bring my power inverter yesterday, so I didn't map any of it. Might do that today...IDK yet. But then again it's a nice day so I might ork on the white Jeep for a while

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.