8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #181
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

well that answers that....thanks for clearin that up

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #182
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Sorry to hear about 8th street, that is shady. Glad to see that you had fun at the beach. Sorry I couldn't do a ride. Hopefully we can have another meet and greet with others that weren't able to make it and do some wheeling some other time. (Maybe it will be lifted then). It was nice meeting all of you and you jeeps. Keep me posted.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #183
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anytime you want to do some wheeling on the weekends Im free. If you want to head up to Marshalls creek its pretty fun.. you can spend a few hours back there no problem..its 3 miles from my house ill go whenever.
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #184
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiel View Post
Anytime you want to do some wheeling on the weekends Im free. If you want to head up to Marshalls creek its pretty fun.. you can spend a few hours back there no problem..its 3 miles from my house ill go whenever.
I'll let you know, I want to get it lifted, Got the parts now need the time.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Unread 03-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #185
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_Richie View Post
I'll let you know, I want to get it lifted, Got the parts now need the time.
If I had a running Jeep I would offer to come up there and help Ya!

Hey that marshals creek sounds promising, thats right at the gap isnt it? we need details!
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #186
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah me and my buddy wheel there quite a bit. There is a pretty nice hillclimb. a few fields for mudding and a bit of trails..

its 5 miles off rt 80
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #187
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Im really sorry that i didnt make it out in time for the 1 meeting time. I had got called into my uncles business (it sucks being a higher up guy) for some really stupid problems. I just got to get a couple u-joints fixed and then im down for a Saturday or Sunday trail run.

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #188
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Update

Well I talked to my one friend that I work with who lives right before the road back to 8th street. He says that he hasn't heard anything about tickets being issued or that. The one thing the cops are harassing about is atv's going up that road, only because of road use not the land(they could care less about that). He told me if its the guy hes thinking of he is probably just blowing smoke up you ***. I am trying to get more details though, I'll let you know if I hear of anything. Ohh yeah, Lift goes on, on the 22nd

Unread 03-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #189
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome richie, keep us posted about whats going on. I figured in the summer i would try to find out some of whats going on up there.

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
Unread 03-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #190
coalregionXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys id love to come wheel with yous! Will a stock XJ with a balls to the walls driver have any problems there?
32's mastercraft courser mt's
homemade snorkel
"hold my beer and watch this
coalregionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #191
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregionXJ View Post
Hey guys id love to come wheel with yous! Will a stock XJ with a balls to the walls driver have any problems there?
Not at all, i wheeled with a stock xj up there last time i was up. But we are unsure whether or not we are allowed up there at the moment

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 03-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #192
coalregionXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I read through and it sounds to me like someone is mad they donty have a jeep and dont want anyone else to have fun.. Only way to find out is give a call to the local po-po's and ask whats up..
32's mastercraft courser mt's
homemade snorkel
"hold my beer and watch this
coalregionXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 01:08 AM   #193
DothanJeep
1997 ZJ 

Ah "8th Street" Its been YEARS since I have been there, its nice people still go there!!!!
01'WJ Project Cheap fix.
DothanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #194
kidA
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothanjeep View Post
Ah "8th Street" Its been YEARS since I have been there, its nice people still go there!!!!
yeah me too
kidA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #195
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregionXJ View Post
I read through and it sounds to me like someone is mad they donty have a jeep and dont want anyone else to have fun.. Only way to find out is give a call to the local po-po's and ask whats up..
Hey that was a low blow.... I'll get it running again.

But seriously, sounds like it is the first assumption about the old man, just another grumpy old man.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.