8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #166
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_Richie View Post
j.love you still want that 242 bezel, I'll bring it with me
Sure thing Richie! I have a make shift bezel in place now but would love a real one.

A few things have to happen according to plan in the morning, besides that, I'll be there. It is debatable on how much riding I will be doing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeystrip View Post
who plans on offroading up there and who wants to just say hi? i want to go but i undertook a project i was not prepared for in hte beginning of winter. im replacing pretty much my entire floor with new sheet metal and then bed lining it. got thehatch completely done but im working on the passenger side now.
Seems like there will be a few of each, but either way, dont think you would be the only guy in the parking lot.

Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #167
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I am still planning on at least meeting at Kmart. I am leaving @ 8am to head to EZ-Pull so hopefully will be able to get their find some parts and make it to windgap by 1pm. As far as the trail ride goes that is still up in the air.
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #168
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91XJCowboy View Post
I will be leaving my house at 7am to go to eatontown NJ to pick up a cherokee and if all goes well I will be installing a radiator, getting lunch, and heading back to PA and straight to Windgap!

All in favor of 1pm at Kmart say Aye.

Aye!

edit: Rob I Broke my computer (again) and have only been able to get on everyonce in a while so I wasnt able to organize. Sorry.
Hey, no problem. I got the job done, i think...LOL
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #169
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Sucks that I wasn't able to make it guys,. I hope you all had a good time!

I was on my way up there and had a motor failure. I just got home now and the jeep is sitting in a gas station waiting to be towed. One of the connecting rod bearings decided that it didnt want to hold out any longer. clank clank clank. I was hoping for at least a meet and greet. ohwell. looks like I got my work cut out for me. anybody have a 5.2 motor laying around?

Lets see some pictures of you guys when you get back!
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #170
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wheelin

here's some pics from today. not from 8th street because there was an issue with wheelin there, so we went somewhere else.
Unread 03-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #171
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like fun!!

I wish I could have made it up but I had some legality issues with the new jeep and it not being in my name.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #172
1988XJ
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
Wheelin

here's some pics from today. not from 8th street because there was an issue with wheelin there, so we went somewhere else.
what was the issue with wheeling there?
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611854
1988 jeep cherokee trimed fenders, 2 inch lift, 32X11.50 Bfg mt's
1988XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #173
j.love
1994 ZJ 

looks like you found a fun little spot. good to see that you guys met and had some fun in a little mud.
Joe Biden
Unread 03-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #174
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

well i didnt head to 8th St, but from what Dan told me was that they were on their way back there and an old guy came out and stopped em. told them that it was his land, and he didnt care that they went back there but that the state will be taking the land over soon and are already patrolling it and handing out fines for being there.

yea, we had a good time though
Unread 03-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #175
1988XJ
1988 XJ Cherokee 

i was back there today and went passed a cop on our way in and he didnt say anything, then a cop stopped my buddie on the way out but the cop didnt care that we where offroading he just asked if he saw a dog that was lost there
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611854
1988 jeep cherokee trimed fenders, 2 inch lift, 32X11.50 Bfg mt's
1988XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #176
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It was great to meet you guys today. Next time I will be able to wheel with you all. Looks like you found a great alternate place.
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #177
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I had some fun, To bad 8th st looks like it will be on lockdown shotley. My son didnt feel good so we cut out early but defenitly had some fun. Maybe next time we can play longer..Nice to meet you guys today. We should plan a day to head out soon!
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #178
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
well i didnt head to 8th St, but from what Dan told me was that they were on their way back there and an old guy came out and stopped em. told them that it was his land, and he didnt care that they went back there but that the state will be taking the land over soon and are already patrolling it and handing out fines for being there.

yea, we had a good time though
that story has me suspicious, if it was still his land and he didnt care, why would the state be issuing tickets? ohwell.

Here is my excuse thread for not being there....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=1#post6745622
Joe Biden
Unread 03-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #179
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiel View Post
I had some fun, To bad 8th st looks like it will be on lockdown shotley. My son didnt feel good so we cut out early but defenitly had some fun. Maybe next time we can play longer..Nice to meet you guys today. We should plan a day to head out soon!
i gotta say, nice rig. definately had a hell of a time today. "The Beach" may not be the greatest place, but it gets the job done

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.love View Post
that story has me suspicious, if it was still his land and he didnt care, why would the state be issuing tickets? ohwell.

I dont know man, this is what Dan called and told me. for the others that were there, or if Dan comes on, they can clearify exactly what happend.

We'll have to plan another day to go in the not-so-distant future
Unread 03-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #180
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah , the guy was probably late 70's llived in the house right by the entrance. He saw us driving up and drove over in his sweet s10. I figured he would be a total A$$ but he actually was pretty decent. He did say he owned it and the gas company is basicaly taking it by eminent domain for the pipeline...... He still "owns" it.. (haha I doubt it).. I actually think he just saw a bunch of guys to talk to sine he wouldnt shut up! We were told that the gas company will be putting up signs soon . I said if its not posted than its not tresspassing and he agreed. I know allot of people go up there and Ive never heard of anyone being harassed.
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.