8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 03-03-2009, 11:20 PM   #151
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeystrip View Post
wow you all really *****ed out. dont make plans if you cant follow through. if your worried about getting in trouble then dont go. this place isnt illegal but its not legal either. no one cares at all up there. everyone is a drunk hick and as long as your respectful you will have no problem
ya know, that remark is kinda messed up. I guess you have NEVER had your plans change do to something out of your control huh? I can say that it's happened to me quite a few times. If it's outta your control it's outta your control. Chit happens. I have no problem wheelin up there, but I just don't know about if its a huge group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91XJCowboy View Post
Well Im sorry I got screwed over by someone who was supposed to sell me a jeep this weekend. Watch who your calling a Hick because I dont like it when people make stupid remarks like that.
Agreed!

my wife and I will def be there for the meet and greet, but won't be wheelin due to the fact that she's pregnant. I'm lookin forward to meetin some new people, checkin out everyone's rigs, takin some pics, and havin a day (or few hours) out!
So where exactly is the meeting location? If I may make a suggestion to a place, I'd say the K-Mart parking lot, or Country Junction parking lot. Either one are easy to get to and have pleanty of space to accomidate all the Jeeps. Plus all the food places are just down the road.

The forecast is lookin good too...Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. I wanna take a lot of pics...haven't gotten to use my camera much lately

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #152
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

I'm down for meeting, and I can take it out for a ride too but prefer not. And yes 8th street is legal. Let me know when and where and I will try to be there. Hopefully I can get this axle fixed this week.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 04:39 AM   #153
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I might be able to get out there later in the day if I can get a jeep and all goes well but well see.

Thanks Rob!

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #154
OffroadAlex
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah guys, I'm down for the meet and greet at the kmart parting lot on sat.
OffroadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #155
Maxxram
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I will have to switch to being a maybe for this. My father wants to head up to Harry's in Hazelton in the morning. So I will take the jeep and if we make it back in time we will stop in. Might just be for the meeting of others though. Don't want to be wheeling with a bunch of parts on the hitch rack LOL. Hoping to score a set of disc breaks off a Cherokee.

Last edited by Maxxram; 03-04-2009 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Maxxram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #156
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

sry guys i gotta apologize for being that hard on you. i was pissed to begin with and then i saw everybody back out and i went over the top. dont want anyone thinkin bad of me
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #157
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeystrip View Post
sry guys i gotta apologize for being that hard on you. i was pissed to begin with and then i saw everybody back out and i went over the top. dont want anyone thinkin bad of me
it's ok, JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!! lol jk

I dont think everyone is backin about, some people just had some plans change. And even if some people back out, whats the big deal? If 4 or 5 Jeeps show up, I'd be still be happy. Spring and summer are coming, and there's lots of time to plan another meet-n-greet
Unread 03-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #158
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

So what is the actual time and place? I'm heading to EZ-pull in the morning and I hope to be home around 1230.
Is it @ 1 in the Kmart parking lot?
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Unread 03-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #159
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I dont know what happend to the original plan-makers for this thread, but I'll step up to the plate.
1pm @ Kmart.
803 MALE ROAD
WIND GAP, PA 18091

MAP for Kmart in Wind Gap

Hope to see everyone there.
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:46 AM   #160
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Like I said before, I am going to stop down but I dont think the zj is up for a trail ride until after I get this front axle fixed. I hope to meet with you all and plan on going on other rides with all of you later this year.

Unread 03-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #161
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_Richie View Post
Like I said before, I am going to stop down but I dont think the zj is up for a trail ride until after I get this front axle fixed. I hope to meet with you all and plan on going on other rides with all of you later this year.
I'm having a mechanical situation too. just spung up early this week. still trying to figure it out. but, I do want to make it up there and maybe head back to some of the trails.

1 pm at k-mart seems to be the plan! infact I second the motion! ( but I already think most of us were set on that. )
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #162
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I will be leaving my house at 7am to go to eatontown NJ to pick up a cherokee and if all goes well I will be installing a radiator, getting lunch, and heading back to PA and straight to Windgap!

All in favor of 1pm at Kmart say Aye.

Aye!

edit: Rob I Broke my computer (again) and have only been able to get on everyonce in a while so I wasnt able to organize. Sorry.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #163
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

j.love you still want that 242 bezel, I'll bring it with me

Unread 03-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #164
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

who plans on offroading up there and who wants to just say hi? i want to go but i undertook a project i was not prepared for in hte beginning of winter. im replacing pretty much my entire floor with new sheet metal and then bed lining it. got thehatch completely done but im working on the passenger side now.
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #165
jamiel
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ill see you guys there tomm. 1 PM Kmart
jamiel is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.