8th Street, Wingap PA - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Pennsylvania Jeep Forum > 8th Street, Wingap PA

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #136
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know how many people are going exactly, but from what I saw today 5 or 6 Jeeps at one time would be about the most I could forsee being there. Depending on how many people are going, everyone may want to split up into groups and go in a few at a time, and from both entrances. Now, I don't know the whole place very well, but from what I saw today with lurkeryj, the place ain't huge

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #137
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

yeah there really wasnt much there unless we are missing something. i also noticed alot of no trespassing signs which kinda made me uneasy about it
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #138
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkeryj View Post
yeah there really wasnt much there unless we are missing something. i also noticed alot of no trespassing signs which kinda made me uneasy about it
I'm still pissed I couldnt make it up that one hillclimb

i think I had a better time at the beach though.
Unread 02-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #139
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

theres more to the place that you think. its not huge at all but there are alot of trails that go deep into the woods. if i come up the 7th ill show all your guys whre the good stuff is
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #140
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

we hit trails that wound all through the woods, over trees n rocks, and through a stream or maybe it was just water from all the snow melting.
Unread 02-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #141
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

even if the trails arent that great its still a great time for that meet and greet and to see how everyone acts.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2009, 10:45 PM   #142
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91XJCowboy View Post
even if the trails arent that great its still a great time for that meet and greet and to see how everyone acts.
oh yea, definately is, not gonna argue that one
here's a few pics from last week when i was there
EXTREME off-road...LOL

trail and whoops

a puddle
Unread 03-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #143
j.love
1994 ZJ 

I'm going to do my best to make it! I'm not expecting much in the way of trails, but it sure would be cool to meet some guys from the area and do a line up photo or two. The girl wanted to go with me but she needs to do some family stuff, sucks to be her.

Side note: She just sprung the Idea of getting some sort of wrangler type Jeep for her to use as a DD. w00t! We looked at a 93 but it was a rust bucket from Mass. I don't think the plan would be a reality till mid summer anyway.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #144
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

Me too, I dont know if I will be taking the zj on a trail ride this weekend, the universals in my axle are SHOT. But I can stop in and meet some of you before the ride.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:03 AM   #145
lurkeryj
1997 XJ Cherokee 

we need to figure out if this place is legal or not first cause i saw a ton of posted signs the other day
lurkeryj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #146
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dont think I will be able to make it this weekend because I wasnt able to pickup my jeep this weekend and the soonest I can make it out to get another one is on sat.

If all goes well I should be headed out to RC the 21st and the 22nd with a local club.

Ill post up the signup link later when I have time.

Unread 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #147
spikeystrip
1993 XJ Cherokee 

wow you all really *****ed out. dont make plans if you cant follow through. if your worried about getting in trouble then dont go. this place isnt illegal but its not legal either. no one cares at all up there. everyone is a drunk hick and as long as your respectful you will have no problem
1995 Grand Cherokee
Stock Daily Driver
AWD 5.2 V8
spikeystrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #148
OffroadAlex
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So whats the plan guys, ill go if you guys want to, but if you guys just want to meet up and well meet each other thats cool, or if you guys just want to plan a different date altogether thats cool as well. Just decide what you guys want to do.
OffroadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #149
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea it is legal, it is state game land. There are parts that are posted but as long as you dont go there you will be fine. Also i dont think that ill be able to head out there either, i blew out a u-joint on my front axle and i wont have time to fix it by then. It only sounds bad in 4 wheel drive, but if you guys go up ill come up before you guys out.

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #150
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeystrip View Post
wow you all really *****ed out. dont make plans if you cant follow through. if your worried about getting in trouble then dont go. this place isnt illegal but its not legal either. no one cares at all up there. everyone is a drunk hick and as long as your respectful you will have no problem
Well Im sorry I got screwed over by someone who was supposed to sell me a jeep this weekend. Watch who your calling a Hick because I dont like it when people make stupid remarks like that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.