5th Annual Topless for TATA's Wheeling Event
August 10 & 11, 2013
Rausch Creek Offroad Park
Block of Rooms Reserved:
Comfort Inn, Pine Grove, PA under "TATA run." Direct number to the Comfort Inn is 570-345-8031. There are other surrounding hotels but the Comfort Inn Pine Grove is the hotel of choice.
What Has Changed This Year?
• This year will be a two day event! To celebrate our 5th year, we will be featuring a two day event on August 10-11, 2013 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Each year we strive to make the registration process as easy as possible. In keeping up with the tradition of easy registration we've decided to incorporate all fees into one payment payable to Topless for TATAs, Inc. We have created packages for the event that includes a guided trail ride at Rausch Creek Off Road Park and participation in all event activities. Packages that will accommodate all of your TATA needs are as follows:
Day One Only (Saturday) $50
Day Two Only (Sunday) $50
Both Days (Saturday & Sunday) $90
• Packages include access to both the old and new Rausch Creek properties. Trail guides will determine which property will be accessed.
• This year there will be no registration with the Rausch Creek office as we are offering an all inclusive registration online. Topless for TATAs will once again offer "pre check in" on Friday evening and "check in" the mornings of the event. There will be no passenger fees however all registered drivers must have a current Rausch Creek membership the day of the event. Rausch Creek will have staff on hand at TATAs "pre check in" and "check in" to ensure memberships are current. You will be required to show proof of current membership at time of "check in". All Topless for TATAs and Rausch Creek waivers for both drivers and passengers must be completed and submitted before you are permitted to participate in the event in any capacity. For details concerning driver membership, please visit Rausch Creek Off Road Park for information.
What Has Not Changed This Year?
• The Topless for TATA's Wheeling events primary goal is to raise funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research.
• Registration will be done electronically this year just like last year. Please click here to register or toplessfortatas.com. This year's event will be limited to 500 vehicles. After 500 we will start a waiting list.
• Comfort Inn, Pine Grove PA will be the hotel of choice for accommodations. We have already setup a block of rooms listed under the booking of "TATA Run" at a rate of $65.00 per night. Please call and reference "TATA Run" to ensure your stay at the Comfort Inn, Pine Grove. The direct number to the hotel is 570-345-8031. For those bringing children please remember that the Comfort Inn has an indoor pool. The hotel is also pet friendly. All rooms are equipped with a microwave and refrigerator.
• Trail guides, at their discretion, reserve the right to make changes to the groups and group line up.
• The proceeds raised at the event will be donated to Breast Cancer Research Foundation. BCRF's mission is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. Currently, over 90 cents of every dollar donated goes to research and awareness programs.
• You are responsible for providing snacks and beverages.
• All sponsoring vendors are invited to attend our event.
• Registration/Check-in will be at 8am on Saturday, August 10th, 2013 and we hope to hit the trails no later than 9:30am. Advance check-in will be offered Friday, August 9th, 2013 evening at the Comfort Inn, Pine Grove, PA.
• Although not mandatory, it is still suggested for you to have a CB along with recovery gear. At a minimum we are requesting that all vehicles have some type of recovery point in the front and rear.
• We cannot stress enough the importance of listening to your spotter and or trail guide.
• The Raffle will be held at Rausch Creek in the Pavilion. The Raffle will be held at a predetermined time immediately following the trail ride on Saturday. You must be present to take part in the raffle. Only event participants will be eligible to take part in our raffle.
• 5th Annual Topless for TATA's event swag (t-shirts, hoodies, etc.) will be available for purchase the morning of the event. Our suggestion is to pre purchase your swag to ensure you get the size and quantity desired. Event swag will also be available through the Topless for TATAs website.
• This will be an All Breeds event. That being said if your vehicle has the ability to run Topless it is highly encouraged.
• The Topless for TATAs crew will once again be at several Jeep events, PA Jeeps, and ADAMS Jeep Jam to name a few, throughout 2013 promoting our event.
What Help Is Needed This Year?
Last year our event was a huge success due in part to the overwhelming response we received for our request for volunteers. For the 5th Annual Topless for TATA's event we will again be calling on volunteers to help with registration, trail guides/gunners and the after party. If you would like to volunteer to be a trail guide or tail gunner, please let us know. Again, our event would not be where it is today without the help of volunteers!
How Do You Register This Year?
Click on the following link: http://events.constantcontact.com/re...8oc7yx82e2f083
This Year's Event Agenda
An Event Agenda will be forthcoming as the event draws closer.
Please "like" our Facebook page and be sure to frequent the various forums our event is posted on for the latest updates. As always we will continue to announce event sponsors as they roll in and will advise what events the TATAs crew will be attending. Many of you advised that you liked receiving the TATAs Times newsletter so that will continue this year as well. In order for you to receive the latest news via email, make sure you subscribe for future mailings. If your email has changed, please let me know so that I can update the distribution lists.
Remember last year we sold out the event in 12 days and had many on the standby list that couldn't attend. Although we raised the participating vehicle limit to 500 in 2013, I suspect the event will sell out quickly once again. To ensure your participation at what will be a truly awesome event please make sure you register today.