Moving the Baton Rouge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Louisiana Jeep Forum > Moving the Baton Rouge

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 04-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Moving the Baton Rouge

Well, I just got a job in Baton Rouge. Been away from the gulf coast for a while now and I miss it to the point that it makes me sick. Just wondering about state inspection laws, gulf fishing spots, beaches, safe neighborhoods, etc. Wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Unread 04-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

What are you wondering about. Personally, up in Alexandria, there aren't many people checking that closely the inspection criteria. What are you deficient on?

Beaches that I know you can drive are: Rutherford, Holly and another in that area which are due South of Lake Charles. I know there are a few Islands you can drive on but I don't know the names and I don't salt water fish.... I would call wild life and fisheries before going for a drive.
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #3
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

The only deficiency is that my tires stick out a couple inches past my bushwacker flairs. Nervous it might get rejected due to fender laws.
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mine stick out 10" past my body on each side now and have run my sticking out 8" past the tub without flares at all for over a year. I wouldn't worry that much.
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #5
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fair enough. Looks like I'll be getting some tubes after the registration.
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #6
booked101
1997 ZJ 

i didnt know we had "fender" laws. lol
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #7
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I looked them up a while back. But it seems no one enforces them. Well, I am going to be there on the 1st. I'm a little excited. Taking my YJ for this 12 hr drive. I may take the windows out depending on the weather.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.