Jeeps from North Louisiana - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Louisiana Jeep Forum > Jeeps from North Louisiana

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #16
Ofsthun
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've been a member of Bayou Jeepers for 2 years now and there are no lawyers or doctors in the club. Almost every member works on our own Jeeps and we work very hard to pay for the little bits and pieces we can purchase every month.

You can stick with the Southern Special Ed club because I am building my Jeep one piece at a time and working very hard to learn the skills to fabricate everything I need to drive my jeep on 40 inch tires for half the cost that the big companies have spent.

Oh and the Pres is a real A-hole... wait... I didn't say that. BTW the President and Treasurer and the previous Vice President have all posted in this thread so I would rethink who you talk bad about on the internet.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #23
1989 Black YJ, 1979 Blue J10, 1969 VW bug Drag Car, 1995 Ford Probe Road Race Car, 1994 Ford Bronco 351W... all previous projects!
Ofsthun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #17
Meatywand
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow way to make yourself like a complete and utter tool bag. I've been in Bayou Jeepers for almost 2 years now, and I have wrenched my Jeep to the point it is myself with help from the other members of our club. Yes in the past we had some undesirable members, but we've moved on and are growing at a great rate with Jeepers of all skill and vehicle levels.

I'm a part time AutoCAD drafter and full time college student, and yet I've managed to work and save money by wrenching myself or with help and I have a daily driven TJ on 35s...so I guess my 35s make me an elitist doctor or lawyer...I think you are just a jealous little kid spouting his mouth off on the internet...don't bash us on here then come to our site begging for help on some half *** thought out project trying to trade us a Carton (pay attention to my spelling, since you didn't spell it right) of smokes for labor like this is prison or something....most of the time if you're cool you get help because the people in the club are your FRIENDS...you have alot to learn dude.
Meatywand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #18
jeepaholic91
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatywand View Post
Wow way to make yourself like a complete and utter tool bag. I've been in Bayou Jeepers for almost 2 years now, and I have wrenched my Jeep to the point it is myself with help from the other members of our club. Yes in the past we had some undesirable members, but we've moved on and are growing at a great rate with Jeepers of all skill and vehicle levels.

I'm a part time AutoCAD drafter and full time college student, and yet I've managed to work and save money by wrenching myself or with help and I have a daily driven TJ on 35s...so I guess my 35s make me an elitist doctor or lawyer...I think you are just a jealous little kid spouting his mouth off on the internet...don't bash us on here then come to our site begging for help on some half *** thought out project trying to trade us a Carton (pay attention to my spelling, since you didn't spell it right) of smokes for labor like this is prison or something....most of the time if you're cool you get help because the people in the club are your FRIENDS...you have alot to learn dude.
I never said anything offensive to ANYONE personally. I'm aware that it was an ignorant not very well thought out statement which i said almost a year ago by the way and apologized for it (not to all of bayou jeepers) but to the person that was initially offended to his face at the topless day last year. And today i apologized on the website to all of bayou jeepers. having read what you have said, i retract my apology to you. You insult me PERSONALLY for something i said and i never did that. You don't seem much different than i was a year ago when i made that post...you have a lot to learn dude (notice how i spell a lot. It's two words)
Unread 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
Meatywand
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ha ha little punk *** kid, enjoy blowing up your little D35....we don't appreciate people taking ignorant hearsay and spreading little rumors about us online....My Jeep will run circles around you, and I built it myself on a limited non doctor non lawyer budget...enjoy your highschool prom and crap little boy and maybe when you grow up you can come hang out with a real club and not your little lame Myspace club.
Unread 04-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
jeepaholic91
1995 YJ Wrangler 

you make me laugh! just because your older doesn't make you more mature. Odviously you havent been in the jeep world too long or you would know jeepers don't insult and/or challenge other jeeper's jeeps. It's funny how you keep calling me "little boy" when you've never seen me in person and your only 6 years older than me...you don't have a lot of room to talk.
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #21
Meatywand
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Ha Ha obviously you haven't been in the Jeep world long if you are driving a YJ....and you think you can do a full SOA in one afternoon after your mom lets you go out to play after school.
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
jeepaholic91
1995 YJ Wrangler 

what does me driving a YJ have to do with me being in the the jeep world...it would make more sense that ive been in it longer because the yj was made before the tj. how do you even know anything about soa? you just made fun of me for driving a yj.
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #23
96jeepxjcbc
1996 XJ Cherokee 

minden is here even tho is been aa year
Unread 06-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #24
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Shreveport here. (when I'm not fishing on the Gulf Coast.)

Wasn't it Groucho Marks who said:

" I would never join a club that would allow the likes of me as a member." ?... Or something like that...

Last edited by Oldfrog; 06-06-2011 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: It's the rum. It's always the rum...
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #25
99dodge
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Natchitoches here.When is the next Bayou Jeepers jeep show?
99dodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

If you are talking about the one they have at Lander's in Bossier - - - I "heard" the other day while picking up parts that it will be in October this year and have a Halloween theme.

But I've been wrong before....
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #27
yooper_josh

Bossier City (BAFB to be specific). Where can I ride that isn't half an hour away? My girl is finally out of the shop and legal again and I need to taker her out in the dirt.
yooper_josh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #28
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Have you tried the East Reservation on Barksdale? It's been years (1980's) since I've been out there, but there used to be some dirt pits and trails out by Flag lake.

May be different now....
Unread 08-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #29
yooper_josh

They really frown upon that. Some friends and I tried wheeling on the east side and SF threw a fit and threatened to charge us with destruction of gov't property even though there were no signs anywhere. So apparently we have to stay on the gravel roads when on the East Res. I've found places up in Benton and Minden but that's a long haul when gas is almost 3.70 a gallon.
yooper_josh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:21 AM   #30
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Not surpised. They wrote me a speeding ticket once as I stood at the entrance to the emergency room with blood gushing out of my foot from a 4" screw I had stepped on. I was thinking about my foot, not how fast I was driving to get to the ER. Oh well...

Most everything I can think of is about 30 minutes away. You used to be able to ride the banks of the Red River from Hamels park, but I think the SPD put the hammer on that one.

Bodcau is pretty decent just to get dirty, but again 30-40 minutes from you...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.