Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Superlift (Hot Springs) trail cleanup

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  midnight_f150 
#1 ·
Superlift got hit really hard by this last round of ice and snow. They have been asking for help in clearing trails of trees. There have been people there cutting and moving for for several days and there is still a LOT left to be cleared. I was there Saturday all day and can attest that there is still several inches of ice and snow on top of bent-over trees that are blocking the trails. It took about 3 hours to clear Highway 3, even with 2 chainsaws and about 6 people picking up and moving the limbs.

So if you've got a chainsaw, a 4x4 and some buddies, please try to help them out. They have been waiving admission fees and cooking meals for anyone who was there this weekend and I'm sure they will continue to do so for a few more days....

I worked all day Saturday and was planning on leaving Tuesday but issues with the tow rig forced us to leave a couple of days early :thumbdown:

#2 ·
here's a pic from Saturday. There would be sections of fallen trees like this that stretched 50 feet down the trail. Then you'd go another 100 feet and hit another clump

#4 ·
they said it would be a HUGE undertaking to get the whole park cleaned up before Hog Wild

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.