Arkansas Jeeps!! Post em up here! - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Arkansas Jeep Forum > Arkansas Jeeps!! Post em up here!

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #106
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150
I heard y'all had a lot of fun Saturday Tim. If this overtime holds out this month I will be order some savvy corner guards first of next month.
I think I need under neath armor, skid plates on top of skid plates. Here is my plan now when funds are available of course.

Oil pan skid, gas tank skid, steering box skid, 35" tires to get everything up a bit more, and lower gears via doubler. I need to slow my crawl speed down a bit. I have to hit things a little to fast and the Heep is paying for it.

If you get more overtime than you can stand, there is my shopping list! Haha

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #107
MannyLedezma

Didnt see you guys there. Had a blast. My skids took some abuse.
MannyLedezma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #108
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
I think I need under neath armor, skid plates on top of skid plates. Here is my plan now when funds are available of course.

Oil pan skid, gas tank skid, steering box skid, 35" tires to get everything up a bit more, and lower gears via doubler. I need to slow my crawl speed down a bit. I have to hit things a little to fast and the Heep is paying for it.

If you get more overtime than you can stand, there is my shopping list! Haha
I think my Savvy gas tank skid is my favorite mod to date. It is so nice having that skid sitting higher up. It has cut down on hitting it so much that I can't wait to tummy tuck my TJ fat belly. Tim I have this oil pan skid its simple and cheap. http://www.teraflex.biz/oil-pan-skid...2001-only.html Here is a wirte up about it http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/oil/oilskid.htm
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #109
Sahara67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyLedezma
Im in Little Rock!
See you all the time on stagecoach!!!

image-1701093699.jpg

image-405447976.jpg

image-2163112762.jpg
Sahara67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #110
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Hey Snafu, I had a great time Saturday.. I was amazed at where we went, I would have never thought we could have done some of that. Got a busted muffler, bent oil pan, and a leaking front axle seal out of the deal. Time for some repairs and a couple upgrades before I beat it up like that again. Haha. More Armor!
Tim, man it was a great time! I've done UA before but it was a lot different this time and that was my first on 4-fingers. I've been a little under the weather since we made it home but when I looked out at the jeep Sunday there were no fluids on the concrete so I drove it to work Monday with no problems. I KNOW there are a few things underneath that need attention. You know, if you go with a flat tummy it like moving up in tire size. As I mentioned to you on 4-fingers, first I'm going to do the SYE then the Savvy tummy tuck. Probably wont have the funds until the summer but thats the way I'm heading. Are you coming down for the New Guy's run April 6th and how did you friend like the park? I think his name was Kevin? I don't think I could put a newer JK like his through some of the stuff he did.
ua_matt_tim_me_3-16-2013-049.jpg  
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #111
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150

I think my Savvy gas tank skid is my favorite mod to date. It is so nice having that skid sitting higher up. It has cut down on hitting it so much that I can't wait to tummy tuck my TJ fat belly. Tim I have this oil pan skid its simple and cheap. http://www.teraflex.biz/oil-pan-skid...2001-only.html Here is a wirte up about it http://www.stu-offroad.com/guards/oil/oilskid.htm
Man I like that oil pan skid, that will prob be the one I will get. Going to put exhaust on this Friday, flowmaster40, dumped right behind the skid tucked up as far as possible.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #112
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu

Tim, man it was a great time! I've done UA before but it was a lot different this time and that was my first on 4-fingers. I've been a little under the weather since we made it home but when I looked out at the jeep Sunday there were no fluids on the concrete so I drove it to work Monday with no problems. I KNOW there are a few things underneath that need attention. You know, if you go with a flat tummy it like moving up in tire size. As I mentioned to you on 4-fingers, first I'm going to do the SYE then the Savvy tummy tuck. Probably wont have the funds until the summer but thats the way I'm heading. Are you coming down for the New Guy's run April 6th and how did you friend like the park? I think his name was Kevin? I don't think I could put a newer JK like his through some of the stuff he did.
Yeah he enjoyed himself, his name is Aaron, he is planning on joining the club sometime. He has a few minor bruises on his need bars and wheels, prob a few scars underneath as well. Thanks for the ideas, I am going to put some thought into it and get some more clearance somewhere. Had a great time and can't wait till next time. I have to work during newcomers in April but will prob make the next one.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 03-19-2013, 08:10 PM   #113
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

In Little Rock! Always looking for a group to ride with at Superlift!

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #114
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Brian (Byuen), the pic in your photo gallery of your muddy engine. What the heck were you doing to get it that muddy?

Come down to HS on the 6th. A lot of us are going to be there!
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #115
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Nice TJ Brian. I love my green Jeep but white Jeep just look so clean.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #116
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu View Post
Brian (Byuen), the pic in your photo gallery of your muddy engine. What the heck were you doing to get it that muddy?

Come down to HS on the 6th. A lot of us are going to be there!

That was the last time I ever voluntarily touched mud! It was several years ago and I am still finding pieces of that dark brown clay in all the little nooks and crannies. I was visiting a buddy in NC and we did some wheeling in Uwharrie. We were on our way out, and the last thing he wanted to run was that mud hole. Made me go first of course... Then on his try, he got his XJ stuck, broke a u-joint/axle shaft, twisted splines, and unseated a bead Had to winch him out from the front since he didn't have any rear recovery points at the time

I would love to make it out on the 6th, but I will be out of town. Maybe another time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Nice TJ Brian. I love my green Jeep but white Jeep just look so clean.
Thanks! I never thought I would drive a white vehicle, but I like that color on TJs for some reason and not many other models. One thing good about white is it hides all the scratches from branches etc. really nice! Paint always shines.
Unread 03-21-2013, 08:11 AM   #117
bigsnafu

2006 LJ Wrangler 

NASTY!!! I hate mud for exactly the same reasons. I let my boys take the CJ out once when the oldest was 16 and the youngest was 13. CJ is SOA / 38's 14b / d44 lockers, 350, SM420 / dana300 and it can get it! They were gone for about half a day, just a couple of hours longer than I thought they would be. This was just before cell phones became real popular so I was starting to get a little concerned. When they finally showed up the jeep looked just like yours! After leaving the house they went straight to the river bottoms and buried it above the frame rails and had to walk 4 miles to get to a phone and call a friend to bring shovels and a tractor. The only trouble they got from me was that they didnít call me first!

If I had to dig them out with a shovel and use a tractor to pull them out they would still be paying for it till this day!!!! I missed a great opportunity.
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #118
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnafu View Post
NASTY!!! I hate mud for exactly the same reasons. I let my boys take the CJ out once when the oldest was 16 and the youngest was 13. CJ is SOA / 38's 14b / d44 lockers, 350, SM420 / dana300 and it can get it! They were gone for about half a day, just a couple of hours longer than I thought they would be. This was just before cell phones became real popular so I was starting to get a little concerned. When they finally showed up the jeep looked just like yours! After leaving the house they went straight to the river bottoms and buried it above the frame rails and had to walk 4 miles to get to a phone and call a friend to bring shovels and a tractor. The only trouble they got from me was that they didn’t call me first!

If I had to dig them out with a shovel and use a tractor to pull them out they would still be paying for it till this day!!!! I missed a great opportunity.
haha that is a great story. Sounds like a nice CJ too! I think we've all been there when we've tried to wheel through something that we probably shouldn't have. It's funny because I have an almost exact same story, except I was the friend who did the rescuing. At least your sons didn't hydrolock it! Few years ago a good friend of mine took his dad's CJ out late at night for some muddin and did this...

We were out there till 3am until we finally got it out with my winch. We had to come back the next day to tow it out. Luckily he hit the water around idle so there wasn't any engine damage. Pulled the plugs and changed all the fluids and she still runs great to this day! His dad was a little upset. He said "Son, we have a boat for that kind of thing."
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:32 AM   #119
woodsracer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Who all is going doorless/topless this weekend? I went without the doors yesterday and had a blast.
woodsracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #120
Nick05
1987 MJ Comanche 

hey guys, am i the only one around fort smith besides hanksride? i am from alma. i will post some good pics of my jeeps later.
Nick05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
arkansas , arkansas crawlers , natural state

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.