Arkansas Jeeps!! Post em up here! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Arkansas Jeep Forum > Arkansas Jeeps!! Post em up here!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsracer
Hey guys, here's my rig.
97 auto trans, 2.5l bored .30 and a different cam (still a turd). Not a whole lot done to it. Bds 2" springs, zone shocks, front and rear bumpers, winch, traded the stock wheels and tires for the eagle alloy rims and 31s. Also put in some auto pal headlight housings and h4 bulbs. Really helped out at night. Have some flat fenders in the garage waiting to be painted and installed as well as a ford 8.8 waiting in there.

Traded my 93 2.5l five speed yj for the tj.
Any regrets on swapping the YJ? Why did you trade if don't mind me asking?

3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
woodsracer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No regrets at all! My whole intention from the get go was to start with a tj. I found the yj 4 houses down from my parents house. Guy ran it out of gas and pulled the injectors and caught it on fire. Had to rewire the whole thing and tinkered on it for a bit. Got it for a great price.

I wanted to get rid of the rough ride my yj had, I referred to it as reverse flint stone style. The coil springs of the tj are much more forgiving as a DD.

It was also a straight trade for the tj. I saw it as a chance to upgrade.

Added a pic of another little project yj I had.
image-2815346862.jpg  
woodsracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #18
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsracer View Post
No regrets at all! My whole intention from the get go was to start with a tj. I found the yj 4 houses down from my parents house. Guy ran it out of gas and pulled the injectors and caught it on fire. Had to rewire the whole thing and tinkered on it for a bit. Got it for a great price.

I wanted to get rid of the rough ride my yj had, I referred to it as reverse flint stone style. The coil springs of the tj are much more forgiving as a DD.

It was also a straight trade for the tj. I saw it as a chance to upgrade.

Added a pic of another little project yj I had.
I had some thoughts a while back about trading mine for a TJ but I bought my daughter an 04 and installed a 2" BDS lift and new shocks and it still rides 10X worse than my YJ. Maybe I got lucky but I really have no complaints about the way it rides. My daughter loves her TJ and wouldn't trade it for a brand new Caddy, maybe a VW Van though

Sounds like the one you had was to be quite the project though from the fire and all. The one you just posted a pic of looks pretty sweet.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
woodsracer
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide

I had some thoughts a while back about trading mine for a TJ but I bought my daughter an 04 and installed a 2" BDS lift and new shocks and it still rides 10X worse than my YJ. Maybe I got lucky but I really have no complaints about the way it rides. My daughter loves her TJ and wouldn't trade it for a brand new Caddy, maybe a VW Van though

Sounds like the one you had was to be quite the project though from the fire and all. The one you just posted a pic of looks pretty sweet.
I ended up getting rid of that one before I got it running. I picked up fairly cheap in Tennessee, cleaned it up, got tires for it and beat out a lot of the dents. Was gonna be a trail rig but got rid of it to pay for a summer class.

The yj with camo doors wasn't bad. The hard part was, not every 4 cylinder yj in 93 had the same wiring harness. So three harnesses later,including grafting the under dash harnesses too we got it all working. It spent the better part of 2 months in my roommates shop being worked on in the afternoon when I got off work.
woodsracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #20
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post

I thought my old YJ rode great and I know its headlights were 10X better then my TJ. I would have never sold it but it came from up north and was in need of a frame swap and I didnt have the space to take on the swap.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #21
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
I thought my old YJ rode great and I know its headlights were 10X better then my TJ. I would have never sold it but it came from up north and was in need of a frame swap and I didnt have the space to take on the swap.

What year was that thing, you certainly can't tell from the body that anything was wrong with it. Looks clean..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 12-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
What year was that thing, you certainly can't tell from the body that anything was wrong with it. Looks clean..
It was a 92 model. You couldn’t tell anything was wrong with it when I bought it. But that nice undercoating that was on the frame started to fall off and showing the hiding rust. I found some paperwork in the glove box that showed the Jeep came from Indiana and had the muffler and tail pipe replaced at 30,000 miles.

It had 38,000 when I bought it,

It still had the factory owners manual
Unread 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
WhistlinDixie
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Those are some nice Jeeps boys! I'll toss mine in the mix. I bought it about a month ago. I'm currently in the middle of the build, and as far as I can tell, this thing has never seen a dirt road, much less a trail. Y'all be careful out there!

Before

image-136323745.jpg

After suspension lift and tires

image-2108854577.jpg

image-821127353.jpg
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
Bomber65
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The day I bought it. All stock except the Moab's and 31" tires

jeep3.jpg

After 3" lift and new tires/wheels.

dscn7380.jpg
Bomber65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65 View Post
The day I bought it. All stock except the Moab's and 31" tires

Attachment 534661

After 3" lift and new tires/wheels.

Attachment 534660
Bomber your Jeep looks great on 3" lift and 33s.
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #26
Bomber65
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. Need to get some pics. Now added front/rear bumpers and Anti-Rock
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #27
Bomber65
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Snafu, This look familiar? Now I need to figure out what winch to get.

dscn0253.jpg

Rear bumper. Both bumpers by RSF

rear-bumper-tire-carrier.jpg
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber65 View Post
Thanks. Need to get some pics. Now added front/rear bumpers and Anti-Rock
How do you like your Anti-Rock? Its on my wish list after talking to Buzzbait about his.
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:14 AM   #29
BeesJeep
1981 CJ7 

Here is my 1981 CJ7. It has a 258 engine, sr4 transmission.
p1010147.jpg  
BeesJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #30
Bomber65
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
How do you like your Anti-Rock? Its on my wish list after talking to Buzzbait about his.
Overall I like it. I was worried about it on road, but it's not very bad. Off Road it seems to have more body roll than being completley disconnected. But that may just be me.

Tags
arkansas , arkansas crawlers , natural state

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.