Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Arkansas Jeeps!! Post em up here!

41K views 173 replies 36 participants last post by  doclee462 
#1 ·
Let's see some Natural State Jeeps!! Here is some pictures of my 02 TJ at superlift offroad park in hot springs.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
This first one belongs to my son. It's a 47' CJ-2A with a Buick V-6 and CJ axles with 33's and ARB's. It's a fun little sucker.

Bottom one is mine. I'm leaving the side steps on until I decide which rockers I want. At least they protect the rockers a little bit. We were planning on going to Hot Springs this weekend for 'Fire & Ice' but there may be just a little more 'Ice' then we were planning on!:cheers:

We are always up for a trip to Hot Springs! Just shot me and email!

Attachments

#5 ·
This first one belongs to my son. It's a 47' CJ-2A with a Buick V-6 and CJ axles with 33's and ARB's. It's a fun little sucker.

Bottom one is mine. I'm leaving the side steps on until I decide which rockers I want. At least they protect the rockers a little bit. We were planing on going to Hot Springs this weekend for 'Fire & Ice' but there may be just a little more 'Ice' then we were planning on!:cheers:

We are always up for a trip to Hot Springs! Just shot me and email!
Is this Snafu from the arkansas crawlers forum? Nice jeeps I bet that CJ-2A is a lot of fun. Wish I was able to make it down for the Fire & Ice run this weekend.

#12 ·
Here is my 95YJ, I have owned it since Dec 08 when it was completely stock. It has been sort of a love / hate relationship. Still have a few more ideas for it but overall pretty much about to get it where I wanted it.

Attachments

#14 ·
midnight_f150 said:
Hank how is your Rock Solid Fab tire carrier holding up?
Works as designed, I love it, very solid, no rattles and operates flawlessly.

#15 ·
Hey guys, here's my rig.
97 auto trans, 2.5l bored .30 and a different cam (still a turd). Not a whole lot done to it. Bds 2" springs, zone shocks, front and rear bumpers, winch, traded the stock wheels and tires for the eagle alloy rims and 31s. Also put in some auto pal headlight housings and h4 bulbs. Really helped out at night. Have some flat fenders in the garage waiting to be painted and installed as well as a ford 8.8 waiting in there.

Traded my 93 2.5l five speed yj for the tj.

Attachments

#16 ·
woodsracer said:
Hey guys, here's my rig.
97 auto trans, 2.5l bored .30 and a different cam (still a turd). Not a whole lot done to it. Bds 2" springs, zone shocks, front and rear bumpers, winch, traded the stock wheels and tires for the eagle alloy rims and 31s. Also put in some auto pal headlight housings and h4 bulbs. Really helped out at night. Have some flat fenders in the garage waiting to be painted and installed as well as a ford 8.8 waiting in there.

Traded my 93 2.5l five speed yj for the tj.
Any regrets on swapping the YJ? Why did you trade if don't mind me asking?

#17 ·
No regrets at all! My whole intention from the get go was to start with a tj. I found the yj 4 houses down from my parents house. Guy ran it out of gas and pulled the injectors and caught it on fire. Had to rewire the whole thing and tinkered on it for a bit. Got it for a great price.

I wanted to get rid of the rough ride my yj had, I referred to it as reverse flint stone style. The coil springs of the tj are much more forgiving as a DD.

It was also a straight trade for the tj. I saw it as a chance to upgrade.

Added a pic of another little project yj I had.

Attachments

#18 ·
No regrets at all! My whole intention from the get go was to start with a tj. I found the yj 4 houses down from my parents house. Guy ran it out of gas and pulled the injectors and caught it on fire. Had to rewire the whole thing and tinkered on it for a bit. Got it for a great price.

I wanted to get rid of the rough ride my yj had, I referred to it as reverse flint stone style. The coil springs of the tj are much more forgiving as a DD.

It was also a straight trade for the tj. I saw it as a chance to upgrade.

Added a pic of another little project yj I had.
I had some thoughts a while back about trading mine for a TJ but I bought my daughter an 04 and installed a 2" BDS lift and new shocks and it still rides 10X worse than my YJ. Maybe I got lucky but I really have no complaints about the way it rides. My daughter loves her TJ and wouldn't trade it for a brand new Caddy, maybe a VW Van though:confused:

Sounds like the one you had was to be quite the project though from the fire and all. The one you just posted a pic of looks pretty sweet.

#19 ·
HanksRide said:
I had some thoughts a while back about trading mine for a TJ but I bought my daughter an 04 and installed a 2" BDS lift and new shocks and it still rides 10X worse than my YJ. Maybe I got lucky but I really have no complaints about the way it rides. My daughter loves her TJ and wouldn't trade it for a brand new Caddy, maybe a VW Van though:confused:

Sounds like the one you had was to be quite the project though from the fire and all. The one you just posted a pic of looks pretty sweet.
I ended up getting rid of that one before I got it running. I picked up fairly cheap in Tennessee, cleaned it up, got tires for it and beat out a lot of the dents. Was gonna be a trail rig but got rid of it to pay for a summer class.

The yj with camo doors wasn't bad. The hard part was, not every 4 cylinder yj in 93 had the same wiring harness. So three harnesses later,including grafting the under dash harnesses too we got it all working. It spent the better part of 2 months in my roommates shop being worked on in the afternoon when I got off work.

#23 ·
Those are some nice Jeeps boys! I'll toss mine in the mix. I bought it about a month ago. I'm currently in the middle of the build, and as far as I can tell, this thing has never seen a dirt road, much less a trail. Y'all be careful out there!

Before

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

After suspension lift and tires

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

#167 ·
#38 ·
midnight_f150 said:
Those sound like great spring and shocks. If you decide to sell your zone springs and shocks shoot me a pm.

Justin makes some awesome bumpers. I want a set of his tube doors.

Your welcome. What brand rock sliders are those?
How much does his tube doors go for, I would like to have a set also?

#42 ·
Those Rubicon JKU do great at the park. We was down there back in aug and had a 1wk old JKU in our group and it kicked butt out on the trails. It was odd to see a Jeep with the sticker still in the window out on the rubicon ridge trail and on the Rock Fink Ravine trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.