Wash ita sold!
Anyone know if this is true?
I have heard from someone that lives nearby and said yes it's true.
Plus heard that from several others
From what I understand it will be open this weekend.
Not sure after that.
The money is not in the bank yet.
Does anybody know of the money is in the bank yet? I'm going to be at St. Joe state park camping tomorrow but I prefer rocka to mud and never had a chance to go to wa****a. And if it is still open is anyone going to be there?
Any updates on this? I heard today wa$hita may be open again?
Yes it is.
Open wheeling dates have been set.
All vehicles except ATVs will be welcome.
Fees: $5.00 per vehicle discount for MWJT members and NO passenger fees. $25.00 for MWJT member and $30.00 for non-MWJT member.
Hours: 9:00-6:00 Park closes PROMPTLY at 6.
There will be no camping on the property.
***Dates will be as follows for open wheeling:
November 30th Saturday after Thanksgiving
January 1...Another Wa****a tradition
January 18 (holiday long weekend)
February 15 (holiday long weekend)
Rules of the park as set forth by the owner:
1)Waivers must be signed before entering the park. Everyone rides at their own risk. Know your limitations and do not exceed the capabilities of your vehicle.
2) NO alcoholic beverages or mind-altering substances allowed in the trail riding area. Cooler checks will happen. If you have alcohol in your cooler, you will be asked to leave your cooler at the front gate are to pick up on your way out. Failure to remove your cooler will result in your being turned away from wheeling on the property.
3) Litter laws are strictly enforced. Place litter in an appropriate trans can or "Pack it in pack it out"
4) "Tread Lightly". Ride only on established trails ONLY. Do NOT blaze your own trails, venture into the woods or in the area roped off for the firing range.
5) Do not remove or destroy trees, shrubs, plants or animals. We want them to remain for everyone to enjoy. Please use tree saver straps when winching. If there is a tree down across a trail, please do not create a new path around it. Either cut it or winch it out of the way and let the Marshalls know so it can be addressed during trail clean up
6) NO HUNTING OR SHOOTING ON PROPERTY
7) Dogs are welcome but must be leashed. If your dog is aggressive to people or other animals, please leave it at home.
Operating Hours are: 9-6. The park gates will CLOSE at 6 PM so please plan accordingly. If you experience a breakage or get stuck that will prevent you from being out of the park by 6, you need to call the Marshalls by 5:30 so someone can come and assist you or a plan can be made to get you out safely and you can return another day to extricate your vehicle. A number will be provided on a park map.
9)Excessive speed and reckless driving are not permitted. You will be asked to leave the park.
10) All operators of off road vehicles must have a valid driver's license and may be asked to present those by park officials or the Marshalls. NO one under age 18 will be permitted to drive a vehicle within the park.
11) Anyone under 18 will need to be with a parent or have a notarized permission form from a parent to ride in the park. Parents will need to sign a waiver at the park for their minor child. All children need to be under the supervision and control of their parents. PLEASE remind your child to stay away from between vehicles, vehicles being winched or tugged with a strap or spotted up an obstacle for the safety of your child.
12) Passengers in vehicles will all sign a waiver of liability.
13) Every passenger/driver in a vehicle must have a seatbelt and will be expected to wear them on park grounds at all times.
14) All vehicles must have a fully enclosed metal cab or roll cage of some sort, functioning seat belts, working 4-wheel drive, frame mounted tow points (NO WELDS), working communication (CB) and must be in good working order for the safety of the occupants of the vehicle as well as others on the trail with you/Marshalls trying to help you.
15) Be courteous of other drivers and Marshalls on the trail.
16) Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the park will result in your being asked to leave the park or possibly being banned from the property. No refunds will be given.
17) No single vehicles wheeling alone. If you come to the park alone, please plan to join a group for your safety. Groups, please welcome single wheelers into your groups for the safety of all.
18) The park is not liable nor responsible for damage, loss, or theft of personal property or to your vehicle or visitors. You are participating at your own risk. If you choose to run your vehicle without insurance, please understand you will be financially responsible for injury to another individual or damage to their vehicle. A police report will be filed.
I know this is an older post, but I live 15 minutes from wash ita and it is now a swat/tactical training course. no longer open to 4x4s or motox.
live ammunition and explosives training area
I drive by there once a week, the other day there where a bunch of people shooting at old cars. :peaking:
I am not sure when the next one is, but the last one was July 26th.
|The time now is 06:32 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.