new jeep....newb...in STL - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Missouri Jeep Forum > new jeep....newb...in STL

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
kirbycrain
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Lj new jeep....newb...in STL

Just drove down to tulsa yesterday and bought me an 06 LJ. Soooo basically just sayin whats up to fellow STL peeps.

kirbycrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #2
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new LJ! Where are you located in STL? I'm actually from IL, but I work in Chesterfield and I'm fairly familiar with the area.

If you're looking to join a club, Midwest Jeep Thing is based out of St. Charles(I think), you can check them out at midwestjeepthing.com. There is also MidRivers Jeepthing, not sure of their website....
Jbecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new LJ! Where are you located in STL? I'm actually from IL, but I work in Chesterfield and I'm fairly familiar with the area.

If you're looking to join a club, Midwest Jeep Thing is based out of St. Charles(I think), you can check them out at midwestjeepthing.com. There is also MidRivers Jeepthing, not sure of their website....
Unread 07-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
kirbycrain
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm in Creve Coeur, but I work in Chesterfield & Wildwood...I'm probably not gonna be an extreme wheeler but still would love to meet up with the community and eventually be in a position to help work on peoples Jeeps with them!
kirbycrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM   #5
vicsjeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i remember thinking that way...here i am shortly afterward with to much money in the jeep but still loving it. everytime i would wear something out i would replace it with offroad quality witch lead to more mods and less money in my pocket. have fun with it.
Unread 07-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
TigerRobb

2005 LJ Wrangler 

i remember thinking that way

Me too! I work in Chesterfield Valley and drive an '05 Silver LJ. Another club is Two Rivers Jeep Club in Pittsfield, IL. Good group and all of the trails are on private land. Their site is www.trjc.com
TigerRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
kirbycrain
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Is there a good shop around here that is used to working on jeep suspesions? I have developed a case of death wobble....
I used to go to mastertech for my racecar but unsure if they know this kinda stuff as well as pure speed....
Unread 07-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #8
Jbecker
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbycrain View Post
Is there a good shop around here that is used to working on jeep suspesions? I have developed a case of death wobble....
I used to go to mastertech for my racecar but unsure if they know this kinda stuff as well as pure speed....
Check out Axleboy, I believe they are off 70 off the Cave springs exit. Axleboy.com

Had them rebuild a front DS for me, cool guys. They seem to lean more towards the "real" offroad crowd.

There is also Hellbent Performance in the Valley. Right next to where I work. Take long road exit off of 40, hang a right on Edison, 2 blocks (I think) on the left. I think they kinda cater to the mall crawler crowd, they have a couple nice rigs out back though.

To the dude talkin about Pittsfield, that would be a pretty decent drive for you. Pittsfield is about half hour to 45 minutes north of me. I live 60 miles north of Chesterfield... I need to go up there and join that club, I just don't quite have my TJ ready to do any real wheeling yet. Need a CB, rear tow hooks, fire ext etc... Let me know if you need directions though...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.