Ft. Lewis Area Run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Missouri Jeep Forum > Ft. Lewis Area Run

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
PolloLoco
need more lemon pledge

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ft. Lewis Area Run

Anyone know somewhere to go around here? I want to try to arrange a wheeling trip next weekend on Saturday 15 December.

Unread 12-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #2
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The only place I can think of is Evan's Creek. It is maybe a 35-40 min drive from Ft. Lewis.

I posted some directions to Evan's Creek and a suggested meeting point on my website. Here is the info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea's website

EVAN's CREEK ORV PARK Meeting Point

Burnett Store (Chevron)
14204 SR 165 E.
Buckley, WA 98321
360-829-1932

Burnett is such a small town that its mailing address are lumped in with Buckley. As the town is only 3 blocks long the Chevron Station make an excellent meeting point since it is so visible. It is also a place to top off with gas, get any ORV day passes, or some munchies.

Getting TO Evan's Creek:
1. From the Burnet Chevron, continue out SR 165 and stay on the main route as it passes through Wilkeson. Eventually the road winds along the edge of a cliff before crossing a green steel bridge over a tall gorge.

2. Just past the bridge is a sign for Evan's Creek and the road comes to a 'Y'. Stay to the right. Evan's Creek is approximately 7 miles up the road. After a mile and a half it turns to gravel.

3. Continue on the road until you see a BIG sign that says Evan's Creek ORV Park. There is a sign board about 1/2 mile before the actual park entrance. . . this is the back entrance and not the main way in. Continue on.

You can get day or year passes at the Burnett store as well as fuel up there. Punch in the address for the store in google to see where it is. It's not technically in Buckley but Burnett is so small it's addresses are lumped in with the slightly larger town. It's maybe another 15-ish miles from Burnett to Evan's Creek.

Ok, HERE IS THE GOOGLE MAP.

It shows how to get right to the Evan's Creek staging area. Point A is the Fort Lewis area, Point B is the Burnett store (gas station) and Point C is the staging area for Evan's Creek.
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:10 AM   #3
bryans98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Not really any places in Lewis for sure. The best thing you can do is go out to So. Raineer TA when we get snow. There are some good logging trails out there but thats about it.

I usally go out to Elbe for my trips. Sometimes I go down south off Castle Rock and hit up the logging trails during the winter too.
bryans98tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.