JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Missouri Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f349/)
-   -   Anything good in KC? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f349/anything-good-kc-1403373/)

backyardjeeper 08-09-2012 02:15 PM

Anything good in KC?

Alright, so I just bought my first jeep. Me and a couple buddies would like to go play in the mud. I'm completely stock. Everyone else is close to that point. Where's a good place near Kansas city, Missouri to go mudding or trail riding? Preferably within 20 or 30 miles, so we can do this in a day trip. And preferably free. Somewhere no one minds if we play around? My jeep looks too clean.

And does anyone else want to join us?

4wdparakeet 08-11-2012 06:42 PM

nothing free and legal in Kc or within that timeframe unless you know somebody with land. KS Rocks is your closest place at 1.5hrs and Tuttle is next at a little over 2 anywhere else is over 3hrs

Parakeet

backyardjeeper 08-12-2012 11:26 PM

Ok thanks. If I find somewhere I'll let you know!

backyardjeeper 10-05-2012 10:10 AM

So I found a few things... And I never once saw a no trespassing sign. Does that count?

gtknoles 10-12-2012 11:01 AM

Just moved up from Florida ,,,,are their any places that you have found?

backyardjeeper 10-12-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtknoles
Just moved up from Florida ,,,,are their any places that you have found?

Yes, I did end up finding a few. I didn't see any no trespassing/private property signs, but I still got the feeling I probably wasn't supposed to be there. Although the cops didn't show up. I'm not sure how JF feels about illegal wheeling, although I bet it's frowned upon.

backyardjeeper 10-12-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to show this in a picture with google maps. It's the easiest way to show it, because I'm not sure of the address. It's right across the street from a church. All kinds of trails and random fun stuff. It's more exploring than hardcore wheeling but hey it's still fun.

lrsmithwhaley 10-14-2012 08:48 PM

That's not a legal place to wheel. Please don't return, as us 4wd, and vehicle enthusiasts in general already have enough of an issue in KC. So far our 4WD park that was supposed to be built, and new race/drag track have both been put on hold. The more people do stupid stuff to shine a bad light upon us, the harder it is to get anything approved.
Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardjeeper (Post 14291510)
I'm going to show this in a picture with google maps. It's the easiest way to show it, because I'm not sure of the address. It's right across the street from a church. All kinds of trails and random fun stuff. It's more exploring than hardcore wheeling but hey it's still fun.

backyardjeeper 10-14-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley
That's not a legal place to wheel. Please don't return, as us 4wd, and vehicle enthusiasts in general already have enough of an issue in KC. So far our 4WD park that was supposed to be built, and new race/drag track have both been put on hold. The more people do stupid stuff to shine a bad light upon us, the harder it is to get anything approved.

Fair enough.

backyardjeeper 12-01-2012 01:11 PM

I finally found a good, legal place to wheel!!! It's called Jesse James dodge Chrysler jeep in excelsior springs. You just have to sign a waiver (if you get hurt its not their fault, just a "Don't sue us! Waiver) look up the address online. It's a real blast out there, rock crawling, creek crossing, trail riding. Only available on weekends, Friday and Saturday. Join the KC northland Jeepers club on Facebook for more details, and times when people are going to be there. It's great for short wheel base jeeps, not so much for long trucks. Yes you can take a stock vehicle and expect to have fun.

Chipper916 12-12-2012 11:53 PM

Some of the members of our group also provide us with access to wheel on their land.:2thumbsup:

Just follow the link below for anyone who wants to join the Kansas City Northland Jeepers group on Facebook.

The time now is 01:40 AM.