Anyone interested in Waynesville/lake ozark area club? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Missouri Jeep Forum > Anyone interested in Waynesville/lake ozark area club?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
angelhitman
1969 C101 

Anyone interested in Waynesville/lake ozark area club?

So, wife got excited when i suggested this thought. Joining or starting a jeep club in our area. WE live in Crocker, which is between waynesville and lake of the ozarks, and have had no luck finding clubs. Really interested in joining Ozarks jeepthing out of springfield, but was also thinking that i really want something close. So this post is to see who would be interested in a club in our area. I would see it being jeep rigs but not stuck with that thought, family oriented, (we have a 4 and 6 year old, boys}. Would really like to do at least one trail ride a month, with optional second one during the summer, not opposed to more. Like the concept of one trail ride a month being family oriented and second ride more extreme. monthly meeting if needed, but see the ride as the meeting most of the time. I guess there would be dues to have a web page and if we wanted to register it. I belonged to a club in colorado and we did patches as well. So let me know who is out there that would be interested, i would think from rolla to Lebanon areas and from Waynesville/Ft. Leonardwood to Lake of the Ozarks would be the general range of members, but all would be welcome. Oh and i would love to start to work on mapping some of the local trails, I am hearing about more and more. I would want to welcome all military jeepers and wave any dues for them. (i am not military so i would pay dues)

SO let me know if interested and location, family size (all welcome), rig and any trails you would like to share in the area.

angelhitman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
angelhitman
1969 C101 

So we have a little interest on other forums so we are going to get together and meet and do a run. All are welcome, there may be the birth of a new club, at the least we will have a chance to do a few trails in the area. Meeting will be on Saturday October 1st. For location please contact me through private message and i will provide a contact number and email.
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #3
Ghost00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

This would be great, only clubs "close" are near 100 miles or more away, OJT are super people just too far away to really get involved. I'm a retired military and help with a military only club, but that sort of leaves out many local jeepers. We try and include all in our plans but hard to keep with them if they cant input or see the military site. If there was a club local that catered to anyone so to speak it would make for more productive events and fun. The Ft Leonard Wood area has literally 100's of Jeeps running around and they are screaming for rocks and dirt and some focus.
Ghost00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #4
angelhitman
1969 C101 

Ghost00tj i agree i was in waynesville today and saw a rocking cj and wanted to go start up a jeep conversation but had the family and well the wrong vehicle. But i really think that if we got something rolling we would see alot of interest. I thing a 4x4/jeep club would work fine, my last club i was in started by my brother was called the rocky mountain crawlers, we were mainly jeep but had a toy, a scout and a dodge truck in our club as well. I think if we named it not specific to jeep then we would see alot of interest. I also had a thought while reading your post, with a local club and the military club there would be alot more communication and could bring things together. I have had about 6 serious interests on this site and wranglerforum, and think that we are to the point that we just need to start meeting, and more important jeeping. Looking at your jeep i am pretty sure i have seen yours around to. Next time i will stop. Or we just need to get together.
Unread 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #5
Ghost00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I think you got it, 4x4's and just start going with it. Have a meeting somewhere and the group of 4 wheel drives will draw a couple people in each month word of mouth will take over.
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
JoshJones1989
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just wanted to say a club in this area would be awesome, I also live out in Crocker.
JoshJones1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Ghost00TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJones1989 View Post
Just wanted to say a club in this area would be awesome, I also live out in Crocker.
RROR has a couple or so members up there and Dixon, Rolla, Richland etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.