Alignment shop recommendations KC area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Missouri Jeep Forum > Alignment shop recommendations KC area

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
bwpilot20
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tj Alignment shop recommendations KC area

Just lifted my TJ 4 inches and have adjustable control arms and track bars. Anybody know of a good shop that will know what they're doing with a lifted jeep around the KC area or even anywhere nearby?

bwpilot20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

I've never used them, but i would go to chux trux.

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by unabashedpraise View Post
I've never used them, but i would go to chux trux.
Chux trux will rob you blind. Take to a local shop that does alignments that will provide you a printout of the specs.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #4
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

That is good to know. They are the only off road type shop i know of. Tires plus in Raytown was ok. They jacked everything up the first time, but the manager Brian made it right.

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #5
bwpilot20
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Chux Trux wanted $180 for a 4 wheel alignment. I ended up going to a shop in Columbia called Midwest autoworx that let me go in the shop and help with the alignment since all my control arms are adjustable. They would have got it right without me but they weren't sure how to adjust my savvy double adjustable arms and tried to dial my caster back to the factory 7 degrees that the hunter machine wanted. I interjected and told them to set the caster to 5.5 and everything worked out great. Best part was it only cost $75 and it was so nice that they let me stand there and make sure the arms got adjusted correctly. I didn't need a printout since I saw firsthand what the settings were. If anyone needs an alignment I'm sure they would let you do the same if you tell them you have a custom suspension like I did. The guys knew what they were doing it just saved a test drive with me there to give them an idea what the specs should be close to after the lift.
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwpilot20 View Post
Chux Trux wanted $180 for a 4 wheel alignment. I ended up going to a shop in Columbia called Midwest autoworx that let me go in the shop and help with the alignment since all my control arms are adjustable. They would have got it right without me but they weren't sure how to adjust my savvy double adjustable arms and tried to dial my caster back to the factory 7 degrees that the hunter machine wanted. I interjected and told them to set the caster to 5.5 and everything worked out great. Best part was it only cost $75 and it was so nice that they let me stand there and make sure the arms got adjusted correctly. I didn't need a printout since I saw firsthand what the settings were. If anyone needs an alignment I'm sure they would let you do the same if you tell them you have a custom suspension like I did. The guys knew what they were doing it just saved a test drive with me there to give them an idea what the specs should be close to after the lift.
Awesome Glad to hear you got this done right and for a good pricetag!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
Unread 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
benneplex
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.4x4land.com/

These guys in Topeka have always been good to work with. I know that they aren't exactly in KC but worth the drive in my book.
benneplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
bwpilot20
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking of using 4x4 land when I swap gearing in the future. They seem to be the only legit 4x4 shop anywhere close to KC.
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
JeepN4KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwpilot20 View Post
I'm thinking of using 4x4 land when I swap gearing in the future. They seem to be the only legit 4x4 shop anywhere close to KC.
If you're gonna regear and you either can't do it or don't know anyone who can - don't just think about going to 4x4 Land. Just plan on going there. Mike Starkbaum knows his ****.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.