west texas wheelin' - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > west texas wheelin'

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
xj27
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Xj west texas wheelin'

Anyone know of any trails or parks in or around west texas? need to be on some trails soon!

xj27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Delfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Let me know if you find any. I am in Del Rio.
Delfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #3
arodgers
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Some decent trails and rocks at twin buttes in san angelo, but I'm not sure if it's worth a two hour drive...
arodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Redbeard17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any wheeling happening this summer around San Angelo, Brownwood, Abilene areas????
Redbeard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
bremen66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys,

I'm out of Alpine our gang out here commonly wheel both the state park in the big bend as well as the Terlingua Ranch. Closer to the rest of you is Satans Playground (http://www.sp-orv.com/) and also dont forget about the park being developed at Escondido Draw (http://www.texasmotorizedtrails.com/mc/page.do?sitePageId=90172) between Ft. Stockton and Ozona. If you guys ever want to team up theres several jeeps down here and we go wheeling whenever we can make it out.

Also I have created a jeepforum social group which I will be adding jeepers to from the region.

Last edited by bremen66; 07-22-2011 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: additional information
bremen66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodgers View Post
Some decent trails and rocks at twin buttes in san angelo, but I'm not sure if it's worth a two hour drive...
I recently spent a Saturday at the Twin Buttes area. It is the closest, legal area to wheel in Texas to where I live.

While I was at the Buttes, I noticed that the city(?) is building a steel pipe fence all over the place. It looks like they are going to restrict access to this area in the future. What do you know?

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #7
arodgers
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymguyjeep View Post
I recently spent a Saturday at the Twin Buttes area. It is the closest, legal area to wheel in Texas to where I live.

While I was at the Buttes, I noticed that the city(?) is building a steel pipe fence all over the place. It looks like they are going to restrict access to this area in the future. What do you know?
I was out there this past Saturday and saw the posts as well. A guy I was wheeling with talked to a guy on a bicycle who said they were going to make it an OHV park and require decals. Don't know how accurate that is, though.
arodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
kingvm
2005 WK 

This is a new park that I have heard a little about in your area.

http://www.texanaoffroad.com/
Unread 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM   #9
bremen66
2005 TJ Wrangler 

We just got back from an awesome day of wheelin in Terlingua Ranch. You can check out the videos shortly via the JeepForum group West Texas Jeepers.
bremen66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #10
t_reeves11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard17
Any wheeling happening this summer around San Angelo, Brownwood, Abilene areas????
I'm in the sweetwater area let me know if you find anywhere.
t_reeves11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.