Tips for Jeeper from Germany - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Tips for Jeeper from Germany

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
jensmh
German Jeeper

2009 JK Wrangler 

Tips for Jeeper from Germany

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to Texas in late March 2014 - so I am looking for your tips and have some questions:

- Is their a car rental company where I can rent a REAL Jeep (as 35" tires and serious offroad equipment to take the rig off-road)?

- Beside the travel-guide "must" where should I go with two weeks time?

We haven't booked the flights yet, so I am open for Houston or Dallas as destination as both have direct flights from Germany.

Thanks for your input!

Jens

jensmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
SchizophrenicMC
1997 ZJ 

I don't believe anyone rents modified Jeeps, at least not in the area. In any case, the wheeling scene is only serious in a couple of places here, and a standard rental JK will get you into as much trouble as you'll need. I suggest looking for companies that rent JKs, buying the insurance, and playing on some lighter trails in that.

If you visit Dallas, you have to go to the Fort Worth stockyard, visit Arlington to see the stadium and Six Flags, spend some time in Dallas proper (It's a few days in and of itself), and depending on what you like, there are all sorts of things to do in the metroplex.

If you go to Houston, I don't know as much, but you might try to drive to Galveston to the beaches, or to Austin and slightly north for a taste of what German settlers did in Texas. (Mostly, sausage and some city names. New Braunfels, most famously) I wouldn't really call Houston itself a tourist destination. Their stadium isn't as cool as ours, and the city smells like oil.

Either way, you MUST eat at Whataburger. It's a fast-food burger location founded in Texas, and the burgers are great. My personal favorite is the Double-Meat whataburger with cheese, plain and dry. I always tell tourists to eat Whataburger at least once on the trip. (Fun fact: Houston is so obese, there are 56 Whataburger locations within the city)

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
riverboyTJSport
2009 JK Wrangler 

Make a trip to San Antonio for the riverwalk.

Hidden Valley Adventure Park in north from SA in marble falls. A stock jeep can do a lot of those trails.
riverboyTJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
Sn0wD
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverboyTJSport
Make a trip to San Antonio for the riverwalk. Hidden Valley Adventure Park in north from SA in marble falls. A stock jeep can do a lot of those trails.
I second that.
Sn0wD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.