Texas Spur - Jeep Jamboree 2013 March 21st-23rd - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Texas Spur - Jeep Jamboree 2013 March 21st-23rd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Reply
Unread 12-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
Texas Spur - Jeep Jamboree 2013 March 21st-23rd

Anyone else going to the 9th annual jeep jamboree Texas Spur on 3/21-3/23 next year? They opened the registration up today so plan ahead. This will be my first jeep jamboree so I'm excited to wheel with more jeeps and be able to make new friends.

Here is the link with all the info: http://jeepjamboreeusa.com/event-detail/58/

I know it's way early but I've heard that it fills up pretty fast so I wanted to make sure to get a spot and stick it on my calender

Travis

__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Fizzle1979
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston / Beaumont, Texas
Posts: 390
I've been on four Jeep Jamboree's...all have been a blast. Haven't done the Spur yet but I can tell you without a doubt the Palo Duro one was the best one I've been on. Also did Ouray, Cajun and Ouachita. Might consider going the Pal Duro one again this year.
__________________
| 2010 JK Unlimited Mountain | Rescue Green | Rugged Ridge Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge Winch Spacer | Rugged Ridge Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier | Warn Powerplant HD | Mopar Rock Sliders | Synergy Suspension Front & Rear Grab Handles | AEV 2.5" Lift | AEV Savegre Black Wheels | BFGR 35x12.50x17 KM2s | Rigid Dually LED | Boom Mat
Fizzle1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
Awesome! how was the Ouray trip? I've been up that way for snow skiing and have wanted to take the jeep and my ATV up there for a while now.
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
JStrider
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 172
Sounds pretty cool, but also pretty expensive! Definitely will have to think about if I can afford the expense or not.
JStrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
SchizophrenicMC
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 2,769
It's too rich for my blood, but if I could afford it, I'd probably pay for my buddy and I to go. (His birthday's that weekend and he's eager to trade his Isuzu for a Grand soon)
__________________
1997 Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition

Because tacky green leather is SUPER COOL
SchizophrenicMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
It is up there in price, no doubt about that!! I guess the main reason I'm going is when I spoke to some friends that have been in the past they all had nothing but awesome reviews of Inks Ranch. Since Inks Ranch is open only to this Jeep Jamboree the only way I can wheel it is if I sign up, which I did.
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
AustinTexasXJ
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin/San Marcos, TX
Posts: 5,956
I want to go to this so bad.. its just hard to drop 300 bucks when I could drive 30 minutes the other way and hit of hidden falls for 30 bucks.
__________________
Benjamin
>My POS JKU<
>ATXJ's $800 Dollar seXJ Build<

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 08:56 AM   #8
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
I want to go to this so bad.. its just hard to drop 300 bucks when I could drive 30 minutes the other way and hit of hidden falls for 30 bucks.
Trust me, I hear ya! I've been to hidden falls a ton so I want a change of scenery. I've been to moab once and I hear this is the next best thing (Texas style), so I'm giving it a try. If this is even 1/10th as good as moab then it'll be a blast. Hope to see you there
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
AustinTexasXJ
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin/San Marcos, TX
Posts: 5,956
yeah ture.

I heard if you sign up for AJE (austin jeep exclusive) they have runs out there to that ranch during the year but I could be wrong.
__________________
Benjamin
>My POS JKU<
>ATXJ's $800 Dollar seXJ Build<

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
jwmbishop
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: corsicana, tx
Posts: 3,741
My group puts together our own outings - but also we do Jamborees (Rubicon mainly). It's worth it in my opinion for several reasons.

Lodging - not really a big deal we tent camp both self planned and Jamboree.

Meals _ that one is a biggie - the time we spend preparing meals (and cleaning up) on a self planned run is fun - camaraderie, sharing our recipes etc. - but takes time from the trails. On the Jamboree we don't have to spend that time so end up with more time in 4lo!

Guides - we are all capable at spotting for each other - but again the time we take studying the obstacles and "discovering" the lines is time taken from total number of obstacles to overcome. Better to have the guide - by the fifth pass on that obstacle he knows exactly where to send ya.

Leadership - another biggie. We all get together and go over a list of trails and loose time to debating which ones to take and when. With the Jamborees we just DO. Saves hurt feelings when someone finds one trail more interesting yet we end up not doing it for lack of time, or we follow someones lead and it sucks...

Sheer number of OTHER VEHICLES - that one is HUGE - getting to meet the new rigs and their owners adds more to the experience. Like doing the car show scene eventually the same vehicle over and over gets boring.

As with any group - we have arguments and ruffled feathers - seems a lot less (in fact almost never) when the stress of planning, leading etc is removed.

IMO - In the long run - a Jamboree is worth the cost, but certainly not as the only way to wheel. When we do a self planned (for example we went to Mohave last may) the cost is laid out and when all is done we divide it - runs about 175-200 per person (10-15 persons) for food, fees etc (on our own for fuel alcohol snacks etc) AND we have to make a way to haul it all - the trailers tend to burden us down a bit. When we self ran Moab and again in Sedona - we rented a house for a week and it cost us about 300 each (sedona was about 400 - but oh what a house!!!), But even in Moab we pooled and hired a guide for one of our five days and he was good - best time we ever had!
__________________
J Wm Bishop EA, ASADE
Alcohol - because great stories never run on gasoline...
jwmbishop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #11
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
My group puts together our own outings - but also we do Jamborees (Rubicon mainly). It's worth it in my opinion for several reasons.

Lodging - not really a big deal we tent camp both self planned and Jamboree.

Meals _ that one is a biggie - the time we spend preparing meals (and cleaning up) on a self planned run is fun - camaraderie, sharing our recipes etc. - but takes time from the trails. On the Jamboree we don't have to spend that time so end up with more time in 4lo!

Guides - we are all capable at spotting for each other - but again the time we take studying the obstacles and "discovering" the lines is time taken from total number of obstacles to overcome. Better to have the guide - by the fifth pass on that obstacle he knows exactly where to send ya.

Leadership - another biggie. We all get together and go over a list of trails and loose time to debating which ones to take and when. With the Jamborees we just DO. Saves hurt feelings when someone finds one trail more interesting yet we end up not doing it for lack of time, or we follow someones lead and it sucks...

Sheer number of OTHER VEHICLES - that one is HUGE - getting to meet the new rigs and their owners adds more to the experience. Like doing the car show scene eventually the same vehicle over and over gets boring.

As with any group - we have arguments and ruffled feathers - seems a lot less (in fact almost never) when the stress of planning, leading etc is removed.

IMO - In the long run - a Jamboree is worth the cost, but certainly not as the only way to wheel. When we do a self planned (for example we went to Mohave last may) the cost is laid out and when all is done we divide it - runs about 175-200 per person (10-15 persons) for food, fees etc (on our own for fuel alcohol snacks etc) AND we have to make a way to haul it all - the trailers tend to burden us down a bit. When we self ran Moab and again in Sedona - we rented a house for a week and it cost us about 300 each (sedona was about 400 - but oh what a house!!!), But even in Moab we pooled and hired a guide for one of our five days and he was good - best time we ever had!

Thanks for the post, good info.
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #12
Scottt
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 114
I'm in for this one. It will be my first Jamboree. Any new info out there we need to know about it?
Scottt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #13
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottt View Post
I'm in for this one. It will be my first Jamboree. Any new info out there we need to know about it?
I check the website every once in a while to see if any updated info has been posted but nothing major has shown up yet. I guess the biggest issue is finding lodging which you already have.

Cheapest place I found is over $100/night without taxes so I bet they'll be close to $125/night. I'm already paying $300 for the event plus fuel and misc, so the $375 motel bill is a little steep to me.

I'd be happy to split a room with anyone here that reserved a room or even rent a bed in a RV, either that or I have no problem sleeping in my truck.
__________________
2005 LJ Rubicon - slightly modified

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
Tommy R
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 1,432
I'm all signed up and can't wait!

BTW, AJE doesn't have access to Inks Ranch so the only time to wheel this amazing property is with the Jamboree or getting in really tight with the owners. Hidden Falls is nice, but doesn't even compare to Inks Ranch, in my opinion.

It's expensive, but I treat myself with a Jamboree every year or two. Well run event, low stress, lots of fun, and great scenary!
__________________
2001 Wrangler - homemade long arm, 4.56s, 35" MTRs, D30/Lock Right/alloys, D44/ARB/35 spline alloys
My Jeep Build Journal
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #15
Jbat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San antonio, Texas
Posts: 141
WHAT over $200 just to drive my jeep in its natural habitat! UM No Thank You. Yes the terrain is pre mapped and beautiful, but I have been in all of TEXAS my whole life. Seen it. Back home we had spring creek. 35 miles of everything from rocks to mud and sand, free all day every day. I didn't have a jeep back then, in those "back home" days. But now that I do, where can we have a little Saturday fun for the price of a tank of gas.
Jbat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.