Off road laws quick! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Off road laws quick!

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Chub1122
1995 ZJ 

Lj Off road laws quick!

Does anyone know any loopholes in the offroading laws? or know the laws? and does anyone know any good off road areas around galveston? close to bayou vista?

Chub1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
4wheelrampage

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It is illegal to drive in a Texas waterway for sure, and obviously no trespassing. I don't exactly remember how it works, it's been awhile since I looked into this exact same thing. But any and all public is owned by the state, and I am pretty sure no motor vehicles are allowed on unless otherwise stated. not 100% on the last bit, but I think thats how it works with public property

If you ferry over to Crystal Beach, which is pretty neat, you are allowed to drive on the beach down there with a permit.

I don't remember who, but I remember someone talking about there are dunes over near High Island I never looked into that but you never know.

There is DSO or Down South Offroad near Baytown of somewhere down south I haven't been to that either but I have heard of it.
And what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, tasting a drop of antifreeze actually makes you stronger :)
Mac users : control+option+command+8
4wheelrampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
luisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Idk the specific rules but there is beach access north of Galveston. Its a nice area
luisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Down on the west side end of the island, at the San Luis pass, there is allowed off highway access. It is posted that is is legal.
Usmcmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.