Odessa area - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Odessa area

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
KOAKEN

Odessa area

What wheeling is there within a couple of hours of Odessa?

KOAKEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
xj27
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Xj wheelin around odessa

hey, this is wayne from the rock hard jeep club in mccamey, there is a spot in post to wheel twin buttes lake in san angelo there is a park opening in ozona not sure when it will be open yet, and we have a ranch we wheel at west of mccamey (15miles or so) we also go down to big ben, terlingua, black gap and sheffield, next outing ill give you a hollar ahead of time so you can plan if you would like, check out our website at www.rockhardjeeps.com

oIIIIIo wayne
xj27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
h2ogun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Go to "groups" tab and lookup "Jeepers of West Texas"

Also, add an hour (3 hours total) and there is a lot of good jeeping from the Odessa Midland area.

I am close to you, PM me.

Dif
h2ogun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Has anyone wheeled at the Outback Adventure place near Stanton? Been wanting to check that one out.
WesTexToolman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Gymguyjeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesTexToolman View Post
Has anyone wheeled at the Outback Adventure place near Stanton? Been wanting to check that one out.
This place is not really a Jeep wheelin' place. I went out there once to check it out. They let me drive around for a couple of hours, but told me that it was primarily a quad and motorcycle place. After making the rounds, I have to admit they were right. They sell annual memberships and allow you access to the front gate. Most weekends they have a "club house" in operation which sells drinks and grilled food. I honestly don't think that you would be completely welcome on the trails in a Jeep.

1993 XJ Cherokee - 3" Lift, 31" tires
Previous Jeeps - 1981 CJ-5, 1985 CJ-7
Gymguyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I was afraid of that, have you found any other places in the area that are worth going to?
94 Jeep YJ Wrangler Sport / 4.0L I-6 Engine with AX-15 5 speed Manual Transmission --- D30 Front / D35 Rear with 4.10 Gears & Limited Slip Differential --- 4" Suspension Lift Kit with 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/albatross-story-my-jeep-1311987/"]My Jeep's Story[/URL]
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Update: found a good place to wheel very close to Odessa
94 Jeep YJ Wrangler Sport / 4.0L I-6 Engine with AX-15 5 speed Manual Transmission --- D30 Front / D35 Rear with 4.10 Gears & Limited Slip Differential --- 4" Suspension Lift Kit with 35" BF Goodrich Mud Terrains

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/albatross-story-my-jeep-1311987/"]My Jeep's Story[/URL]
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #8
h2ogun
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesTexToolman View Post
Update: found a good place to wheel very close to Odessa
.http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/image...es/popcorn.gif

http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/sssh.gif
Hope this is not one of those you "could tell us, but then you would have to kill us" things.

Huuugh Where?
h2ogun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #9
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2ogun

.http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/image...es/popcorn.gif

http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/sssh.gif
Hope this is not one of those you "could tell us, but then you would have to kill us" things.

Huuugh Where?
Lol, I don't like to openly advertise it, but is someone asks I'll PM directions to you. Look in your inbox.

Unread 01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
xj27
1990 XJ Cherokee 

i would love to know where please do tell!
Unread 01-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj27
i would love to know where please do tell!
PM sent

Unread 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #12
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone up for a little wheeling Sunday afternoon near Odessa?

Unread 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
WesTexToolman
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone else up for some wheeling tomorrow about 1:00 P.M?

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
tooshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj27
hey, this is wayne from the rock hard jeep club in mccamey, there is a spot in post to wheel twin buttes lake in san angelo there is a park opening in ozona not sure when it will be open yet, and we have a ranch we wheel at west of mccamey (15miles or so) we also go down to big ben, terlingua, black gap and sheffield, next outing ill give you a hollar ahead of time so you can plan if you would like, check out our website at www.rockhardjeeps.com

oIIIIIo wayne
I ordered a jeep to be built and I am
New to the jeep world, but not new to offloading, looking for great places to go being that I live here in midland and I'm not from this area a jeep club with some other jeepers would be ideal for advice and help with parts and accessories. What do I do to become a part of this?
tooshort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #15
xj27
1990 XJ Cherokee 

check out rockhardjeeps.com we have a club based out of mccamey ad do alot of weekend wheelin trips

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.