North Texas grands - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > North Texas grands

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #226
SPRSLO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings View Post
I can see that firestone from my balcony. Get on Google maps satellite view and look at boat club rd. Follow it north past boo rays and where it curves you can see a ton of trails on the west. The huff vines trails are off the marine creek reservoir on huff vines rd right by 820. I personally don't go back there any more cause I don't wanna risk a ticket, but I know a ton of people do without any trouble.

Sorry bout asking you twice where you were, didn't see your first post
Please, pipe bomb that place and take it out of it's misery.

Boorays I know where you're talking now. I hadn't thought about venturing out there, but I may now. There's some property out north of me near Bonds Ranch Rd and Boat Club that could be decent. I'm a little old to be getting tickets as well, considering how cheap and close places like Bridgeport and Tolar are.

__________________
13 JK Dune 2.5 spacer lift, Bilstein 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, 35" Nitto TG's, Extended brake lines, Adam's ds, Rigid 10" E-series on hood mounts, Surprise Straps, JCR Classic Sliders
SPRSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #227
SPRSLO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings View Post
this time I have skids!
You know, they make diapers for that, right?
__________________
13 JK Dune 2.5 spacer lift, Bilstein 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, 35" Nitto TG's, Extended brake lines, Adam's ds, Rigid 10" E-series on hood mounts, Surprise Straps, JCR Classic Sliders
SPRSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #228
b00stin4
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fort worth
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRSLO View Post
I know where you're at. I worked t the Firestone off Hulen/Granbury Rd last fall. Plus I may be the only one in the thread born in this area lol. I haven't, not sure where you're talking about, but Boat Club Rd is a 1/4 mi from my house. I've gone riding my bike north to Newark, but didn't know any trails up there. Fill me in.
Hey I was born here lol
Live right down the street from you hit me up when you wanna go out sometime
__________________
00 WJ Clayton long arms!!
4.5" springs
33x11.5 on rubi wheels
00 Civic Si NOW!!! 9.85 @ 150 mph
b00stin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #229
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler
 
MGDWJ's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnolenwj View Post
if you have to try at least three times in the buggy, I don't think the grands would make it in one piece, and I don't know if pills can help that

How's the progress with the nice new Clayton gear?
i was meaning in a grand. in the buggy if it hasnt made it over by the third try then all the settle tactics are out the window and its 3rd gear and full throdle.... most the time i make it and some times parts start flying!!

as for the clayton gear it is still sitting in the hallway.... i will start assembly next week. i still need to find a set of rims that i like in a 17'' flavor for cheap
__________________
WJ build thread.
MGDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #230
SPRSLO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by b00stin4 View Post
Hey I was born here lol
Live right down the street from you hit me up when you wanna go out sometime
Well you had kinda snuck out of this thread by last night.
__________________
13 JK Dune 2.5 spacer lift, Bilstein 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, 35" Nitto TG's, Extended brake lines, Adam's ds, Rigid 10" E-series on hood mounts, Surprise Straps, JCR Classic Sliders
SPRSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #231
b00stin4
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: fort worth
Posts: 84
hahaha yea i dont get on here much
__________________
00 WJ Clayton long arms!!
4.5" springs
33x11.5 on rubi wheels
00 Civic Si NOW!!! 9.85 @ 150 mph
b00stin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #232
DeansWings
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRSLO View Post
You know, they make diapers for that, right?
Ahhh I see whatcha did therrrre. I actually get my wk inspected there (my zj is registered in Wisconsin) and am pretty satisfied with the service.

It was hot today. Can't wait for fall and wheeling and football and beer... you get the idea.
__________________
'96 ZJ 4.0 NP242 5.5" Iron Rock Off Road Critical Path Long Arm sitting on 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #233
SPRSLO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings

Ahhh I see whatcha did therrrre. I actually get my wk inspected there (my zj is registered in Wisconsin) and am pretty satisfied with the service.

It was hot today. Can't wait for fall and wheeling and football and beer... you get the idea.
It surprisingly kills the store on Overton Ridge in sales. One of the techs is a Jeep guy with a blue WK. I'm just bitter I was lied to by management and their 80% profit margin on parts and labor was a bit outlandish even coming from the dealership world.
__________________
13 JK Dune 2.5 spacer lift, Bilstein 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, 35" Nitto TG's, Extended brake lines, Adam's ds, Rigid 10" E-series on hood mounts, Surprise Straps, JCR Classic Sliders
SPRSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 06:25 AM   #234
DeansWings
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRSLO

It surprisingly kills the store on Overton Ridge in sales. One of the techs is a Jeep guy with a blue WK. I'm just bitter I was lied to by management and their 80% profit margin on parts and labor was a bit outlandish even coming from the dealership world.
Yea I suppose when you see it from that end it must seem ridiculous. I expect that from everywhere though which is why I do my own maintenance. I only get service when its at a flat rate, unless I can't avoid it
__________________
'96 ZJ 4.0 NP242 5.5" Iron Rock Off Road Critical Path Long Arm sitting on 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #235
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler
 
MGDWJ's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 1,017
here is another place in texas i would like to for wheeling at http://katemcyrocks.com/ i have some friends that have been there and they all say it was badass
__________________
WJ build thread.
MGDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #236
Cnolenwj
Registered User
 
Cnolenwj's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Texoma, tx
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
here is another place in texas i would like to for wheeling at http://katemcyrocks.com/ i have some friends that have been there and they all say it was badass
I've seen allot of pictures from there and it looks awesome. It's just a hard place to get into, and from what I've read the original one is closed but the new one is in the same area.
__________________
2000 wj limited, 4" IRO, long armed front.

Build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1195835/

North Texas Grands- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...rands-1323367/

Grand Slam Texas- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...texas-1419143/

Grand Slam Texas Group- http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...00000454207551
Cnolenwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #237
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler
 
MGDWJ's Avatar
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 1,017
the new one is like 18 miles from the old one. the are closed for the summer months and will reopen in september. i am wanting to go late in the year. an open cab vehical kinda sucks when its 100 deg outside and the park is only open during daylight hours.
__________________
WJ build thread.
MGDWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #238
notfastenough5
Registered User
2001 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Colony, Texas
Posts: 31
I copied my post from the What did you do to your WJ today just to say hello, so hello Grand owners!

This post kind of introduces my most recent Jeep: 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7, QuadraDrive, factory tow package, factory LSD's front and rear, and fuel tank skid blah blah. The way is was optioned, I think of it as the 01 Overland haha. Love the sunroof too!!

This is kinda over the last 2 weeks, but finally put on my bronze powder coated Avilas, had the factory tint darkened in the rear and applied the first layer of tint on the front two windows. Also, since buying it, dropped in an Amsoil synthetic air filter, done an oil change with 15W40 Delo 400/Motorcraft FL1A filter and MMO. New plugs, new pcv, new Wix fuel filter. Ummm....that is all that has actually been completed.

Sitting on my shelf is a set of LED bulbs for the stock Limited housing (that I still need to de-haze), and a set of Black Diamond shocks to replace the tired and noisey stockers. Since I'll be getting to the fun stuff soon, I'll try to get some pics of work being done.

Future plans are a 3" exhaust next. I'm going to delete the cleanup converter and have no baffles in the piping/mufflerS at all. Complete de-badging. After that, might finish out the exterior bulbs in the rear with LEDs in the stock housings. This is the wife's car and she doesn't like the idea of a lift so stock height will likely remain. She said she wouldn't mind lowering it if anything. I said only if we add a supercharger! We are at a stalemate as of now.

Here is how she sits as of now...
wheels-tint.jpg  
notfastenough5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #239
DeansWings
Registered User
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by notfastenough5 View Post
I copied my post from the What did you do to your WJ today just to say hello, so hello Grand owners!

This post kind of introduces my most recent Jeep: 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7, QuadraDrive, factory tow package, factory LSD's front and rear, and fuel tank skid blah blah. The way is was optioned, I think of it as the 01 Overland haha. Love the sunroof too!!

This is kinda over the last 2 weeks, but finally put on my bronze powder coated Avilas, had the factory tint darkened in the rear and applied the first layer of tint on the front two windows. Also, since buying it, dropped in an Amsoil synthetic air filter, done an oil change with 15W40 Delo 400/Motorcraft FL1A filter and MMO. New plugs, new pcv, new Wix fuel filter. Ummm....that is all that has actually been completed.

Sitting on my shelf is a set of LED bulbs for the stock Limited housing (that I still need to de-haze), and a set of Black Diamond shocks to replace the tired and noisey stockers. Since I'll be getting to the fun stuff soon, I'll try to get some pics of work being done.

Future plans are a 3" exhaust next. I'm going to delete the cleanup converter and have no baffles in the piping/mufflerS at all. Complete de-badging. After that, might finish out the exterior bulbs in the rear with LEDs in the stock housings. This is the wife's car and she doesn't like the idea of a lift so stock height will likely remain. She said she wouldn't mind lowering it if anything. I said only if we add a supercharger! We are at a stalemate as of now.

Here is how she sits as of now...
Welcome, and nice dub! Take the ol' lady wheeling and she'll change her mind about the lift!
__________________
'96 ZJ 4.0 NP242 5.5" Iron Rock Off Road Critical Path Long Arm sitting on 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

'06 WK 3.7 2wd stock as a rock.

The Build:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/96-zj-build-1262449/[/url]

North Texas Grands:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/north-texas-grands-1323367/[/url]

Youtube wheeling vids (mostly from Bridgeport):
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeanswings?feature=guide[/url]

Grand Slam Texas!:
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/grand-slam-texas-1419143/index19.html[/url]
DeansWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #240
SPRSLO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeansWings

Yea I suppose when you see it from that end it must seem ridiculous. I expect that from everywhere though which is why I do my own maintenance. I only get service when its at a flat rate, unless I can't avoid it
I'm the same way. Tires is the only thing I can't or haven't ever tried to do. Heck, I've done pretty well servicing and repairing my neighbors and coworkers cars.
__________________
13 JK Dune 2.5 spacer lift, Bilstein 5100's, Spydertrax spacers, 35" Nitto TG's, Extended brake lines, Adam's ds, Rigid 10" E-series on hood mounts, Surprise Straps, JCR Classic Sliders
SPRSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.