New to San Antonio area (need some help) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > New to San Antonio area (need some help)

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #1
92WrangerS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New to San Antonio area (need some help)

Well I've just moved to the San Antonio area. I had to get rid of my YJ for the move, so I'm looking for another one. So if anyone knows of any good jeep deals in Texas I'm open. Looking for a YJ or early model TJ. Built or stock...doesn't matter. I'll give anything a lookover. Also looking for people to ride with as well as places out here. Well I guess that's about it for now. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Also:
06 BMW M3
06 Yamaha YFZ450 - Sold :(
92 Wrangler Sahara - Sold :(
92WrangerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Rocky5
2006 LJ Wrangler 

look at craigslist.org.........good site to find parts/accessories too.
-Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, Clear Turn Signals and Markers, Custom Front Bumper Hoop with upgraded hooks, Delta 50 Flowmaster, Code Alarm CA-670 Paging-Alarm with Motion Detector, K&N FIPK, JKS Discos, Procomp LCAs, Airaid TBS, Tuffy 055 rear section sub console, 4-Hella 500's, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Olympic Reverse-a-bars, Delta Headlight kit with black bezels, Edge Trail Jammer kit, Smittybilt Classic Tire Carrier, WARN Oil Skid, Skid Row steering skid, JKS adj. rear track bar, RC front adj. track bar.
Rocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
92WrangerS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I've already started checking it out and found a couple of Jeeps close by. Thanks for the tip!

Jeff

Also:
06 BMW M3
Unread 03-24-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the area!

IDK of any Jeep deals right now. Best bet would be looking at the paper and craigs list as mentioned.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF037AD
'03 TJ Sport, Black on White, Stock. [[Gone]]
'99 XJ, Purple, Stock but with new wheels.

Running Doorless? Check your state's Mirror Laws!!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/list-state-mirror-laws-565361/

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
dz1087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
TX-WJ

2004 WJ 

Wj

Me and a friend used to hit Devil's den once or twiece a month, but I think is not *cough* legal *cough* to wheel there anymore?

I'm also interested in finding other places to wheel here/nearby S.A.

Dave.

2004 WJ Ltd. (steel blue pearlcoat)
4.7, 242 HD swap, 6" Clayton's, 35" BFG KM2s, F/R chromo'd JK Rubi D44s

Last edited by TX-WJ; 04-10-2008 at 01:48 AM..
TX-WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think there are any. I found a place down by Randolph in Universal City, but I don't think that place is legal either. It runs down by a river, and through the flood plain for it. Miles and miles of trails. I think the place it called The Pits. I ride my bicycle down there a lot, but have seen people there on motorcycles and ATV's

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565361

There can be no fifty-fifty Americanism in this country. There is room here for only 100% Americanism, only for those who are Americans and nothing else.
Theodore Roosevelt
Unread 04-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
92WrangerS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I found a forum. http://www.texasjeepcorps.org They actually went out this weekend to Satan's Playground, but they get together every once in a while and wheel in places around S.A. Might be worth checking out, I'm hoping to head out with these guys soon, I couldn't make it this weekend, but I'm keeping an eye out for future trips....

Jeff

Also:
06 BMW M3
Unread 04-21-2008, 03:48 AM   #8
Mr_bob
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i havent really found any good places to wheel at that wont get you in trouble. Devils den was always fun and had some good trails but now it will cost you for going in there.

Nice to see other jeepers around here not many of them are dirty enough thou!!!
Mr_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #9
dz1087
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_bob View Post

Nice to see other jeepers around here not many of them are dirty enough thou!!!
That's because there aren't any places to wheel around here!!

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=565361

Theodore Roosevelt
Unread 05-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #10
Me007gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92WrangerS View Post
Hey guys I found a forum. http://www.texasjeepcorps.org They actually went out this weekend to Satan's Playground, but they get together every once in a while and wheel in places around S.A. Might be worth checking out, I'm hoping to head out with these guys soon, I couldn't make it this weekend, but I'm keeping an eye out for future trips....

Jeff
they guys in tjc are awesome. we actually have a meeting tommorrow(thursday) at Checkers on Nacodoches at 7. Another good San Antonio Forum is SAoffroad.com not jeep specific, but mostly good people who like the mud
Me007gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 04:20 AM   #11
92WrangerS
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok guys, a little update.

Well I picked up a TJ and I'm loving it. I've been out wheeling with TJC twice now and going to continue on, great group of guys and I highly suggest anyone looking to wheel check them out. As far as wheeling there are places around/close to San Antonio. The closest legal place I know of to wheel is Cline's Ranch. He's about 20 Miles west of 1604 & Bandera near Medina lake. But there are places like Katemcy Rocks( http://katemcyrocks.com ) and Longs Ranch ( http://www.longranch.org ) that aren't too far of a drive. Just thought I'd update this and let people know.

Jeff

Also:
06 BMW M3
Unread 07-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #12
MudHoundJK
Still Playing in the Mud

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just to keep y'all informed on SA clubs, my club just got started up about 6 months ago I guess, the website for us is Jeep-Nation.com and our forum is MyJEEPforum.net, we actually having a big meet up 11-13 in Port A with our Houston chapter
MudHoundJK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.