New to El Paso! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > New to El Paso!

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

New to El Paso!

I'm new to the area but have already heard of some good spots. Time to get some people together and go check them out. Also new to me TJ so I wanna see what it can do

GrahamsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Really? Nobody in El Paso?
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
fastlane22963
1983 CJ8 

El Paso 4x4

Check out oleskool.com
It's a local club and we do trails in El Paso and las cruces. We do 1 event a month. Let me know if you need anything my jeep is under construction at the moment but ill help all I can.
fastlane22963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Actually I'm already friends with olskool on Facebook thanks for reminding me. Let me know if you want/need any help with the jeep
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
fastlane22963
1983 CJ8 

Cool thanks. I'm in the process of installing the wiring harness, front locker, new clutch, t-case, and a number of other things. I hoping to be done by the April run.
fastlane22963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you talking about the highway cleanup? I'll PM you my number. I was a tank mechanic before I reclassed into Medical field, I'll give you a hand because I cant afford to upgrade anything on mine, so atleast itll give me a chance to wrench on something. Do you know anybody with some used 33s for sale? my 31s are worn and too small for my ride.
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamsXJ
Are you talking about the highway cleanup? I'll PM you my number. I was a tank mechanic before I reclassed into Medical field, I'll give you a hand because I cant afford to upgrade anything on mine, so atleast itll give me a chance to wrench on something. Do you know anybody with some used 33s for sale? my 31s are worn and too small for my ride.
Glad to see you made it to Ft Bliss. Did you have any problems with getting all the paperwork on the XJ taken care of? Tell Rob, Duane, Nick and the others hey for me. BTW, this is Glenn in Prosper. I wheeled with the Ol Skool guys before moving out here.
Unread 05-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #8
Jramos43
1996 ZJ 

I'm from el paso too. Where do you guys go trailing ? Only place I can think about is Red Sands and it got a little boring. Where else can I go? It's me and 2 other jeeps.

96 ZJ
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:07 AM   #9
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

I think they're doing another trail soon. Lemme try and get the link for you. Im actually selling my WK getting into a JK

http://armywheeling.com/forum/index....3&topic=1239.0

Heres my WK
forumrunner_20130503_030657.jpg  
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 05:29 AM   #10
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've yet to get to go do any wheeling. I don't know where anything is. Here is my TJ.
image-468573434.jpg  
Unread 05-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #11
GrahamsXJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
Glad to see you made it to Ft Bliss. Did you have any problems with getting all the paperwork on the XJ taken care of? Tell Rob, Duane, Nick and the others hey for me. BTW, this is Glenn in Prosper. I wheeled with the Ol Skool guys before moving out here.
I had a little issues but nothing major. Wheeled it a bit in San Antonio then cracked a head on I10 while on my way here. By time I could get time off to go pick it up I couldnt afford all the towing and storage fees. So I ended up giving it too the tow truck driver for 500 bucks, it was a sad day for me.
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #12
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamsXJ View Post
I had a little issues but nothing major. Wheeled it a bit in San Antonio then cracked a head on I10 while on my way here. By time I could get time off to go pick it up I couldnt afford all the towing and storage fees. So I ended up giving it too the tow truck driver for 500 bucks, it was a sad day for me.
That sucks a wet mop. Glad you made it there though. Enjoy the wheeling out there. That is one of the few things I miss about that area. The new Jeep looks good though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.