JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Texas Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/)
-   -   New to El Paso! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/new-el-paso-1493865/)

GrahamsXJ 03-15-2013 01:19 PM

New to El Paso!

I'm new to the area but have already heard of some good spots. Time to get some people together and go check them out. Also new to me TJ so I wanna see what it can do

GrahamsXJ 03-18-2013 09:50 PM

Really? Nobody in El Paso?

fastlane22963 03-19-2013 05:49 PM

El Paso 4x4

Check out oleskool.com
It's a local club and we do trails in El Paso and las cruces. We do 1 event a month. Let me know if you need anything my jeep is under construction at the moment but ill help all I can.

GrahamsXJ 03-19-2013 05:56 PM

Actually I'm already friends with olskool on Facebook thanks for reminding me. Let me know if you want/need any help with the jeep

fastlane22963 03-19-2013 06:05 PM

Cool thanks. I'm in the process of installing the wiring harness, front locker, new clutch, t-case, and a number of other things. I hoping to be done by the April run.

GrahamsXJ 03-20-2013 01:59 PM

Are you talking about the highway cleanup? I'll PM you my number. I was a tank mechanic before I reclassed into Medical field, I'll give you a hand because I cant afford to upgrade anything on mine, so atleast itll give me a chance to wrench on something. Do you know anybody with some used 33s for sale? my 31s are worn and too small for my ride.

CJ7nvrstk 03-22-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamsXJ
Are you talking about the highway cleanup? I'll PM you my number. I was a tank mechanic before I reclassed into Medical field, I'll give you a hand because I cant afford to upgrade anything on mine, so atleast itll give me a chance to wrench on something. Do you know anybody with some used 33s for sale? my 31s are worn and too small for my ride.

Glad to see you made it to Ft Bliss. Did you have any problems with getting all the paperwork on the XJ taken care of? Tell Rob, Duane, Nick and the others hey for me. BTW, this is Glenn in Prosper. I wheeled with the Ol Skool guys before moving out here.

Jramos43 05-03-2013 12:45 AM

I'm from el paso too. Where do you guys go trailing ? Only place I can think about is Red Sands and it got a little boring. Where else can I go? It's me and 2 other jeeps.

96 ZJ

S1L3NT_WH33L3R 05-03-2013 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think they're doing another trail soon. Lemme try and get the link for you. Im actually selling my WK getting into a JK

http://armywheeling.com/forum/index....3&topic=1239.0

Heres my WK

GrahamsXJ 05-03-2013 05:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've yet to get to go do any wheeling. I don't know where anything is. Here is my TJ.

GrahamsXJ 05-03-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk (Post 15178232)
Glad to see you made it to Ft Bliss. Did you have any problems with getting all the paperwork on the XJ taken care of? Tell Rob, Duane, Nick and the others hey for me. BTW, this is Glenn in Prosper. I wheeled with the Ol Skool guys before moving out here.

I had a little issues but nothing major. Wheeled it a bit in San Antonio then cracked a head on I10 while on my way here. By time I could get time off to go pick it up I couldnt afford all the towing and storage fees. So I ended up giving it too the tow truck driver for 500 bucks, it was a sad day for me.:thumbdown:

CJ7nvrstk 05-12-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamsXJ (Post 15382823)
I had a little issues but nothing major. Wheeled it a bit in San Antonio then cracked a head on I10 while on my way here. By time I could get time off to go pick it up I couldnt afford all the towing and storage fees. So I ended up giving it too the tow truck driver for 500 bucks, it was a sad day for me.:thumbdown:

That sucks a wet mop. Glad you made it there though. Enjoy the wheeling out there. That is one of the few things I miss about that area. The new Jeep looks good though.

:cheers2:

The time now is 10:11 AM.