Need a spot to wheel at FT Hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Need a spot to wheel at FT Hood

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
chainz
1976 CJ5 

Need a spot to wheel at FT Hood

I have been wanting to get out for a while now and do some kind of wheeling but it seems that everything is too far away like over an hour there has got to be some kind of a backroad or something somewhere like as in someone knows a guy with land... I just find it hard to believe that there is no place in the area down here. Does anyone know anything?????

chainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You can always go pay $15 and get your area access on to Fort Hood and then you can call in and get access to an area and you can drive all of the tank trails. They frown on off roading so you have to tell them that you are hiking, taking pictures or something like that. Dont go out there tell them you want access to go off roading, haha.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
chainz
1976 CJ5 

yea I know that is the canned response I get but I dont feel like rolling the dice like that and besides I looked into that and asked the MPs myself and they said if they catch people doing that they will not only fine you but take your pass for a year and make you correct any damage you have caused. I dont feel like doing any of that.
chainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I dont go out there and actually wheel but i do varmint hunt out there and while scouting for spots i drive the tank trails which can be be pretty entertaining at times. I think the closest to us after that option is going to be Long Ranch in Llano and Hidden Falls in Marble Falls.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #5
Texas_Heat
2000 WJ 

Your SOL bud, I did 5 years at Hood. The closest LEGAL wheeling is Hidden Falls down in Marble Falls. It is worth the trip though trust me!
2000 WJ.6 inch lift Rough Country 4" Lift, BB 2" lift, Pro Comp Steering Stabilizer, Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar, Rough Country Swaybar Quick Disconnects, Spidertrax 1.25 Wheelspacers, 265/75R16 AT's, K&N Filter
Soon to come: 35's, Longarms, Lockers and Gears
Texas_Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #6
jamesdavis17
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I want to go to HF around the weekend of the11-12th if I get out of here on time!
jamesdavis17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
indirocz28

Hey guys, I've been at Hood for about 3 years now, and just bought a XJ to drive mostly daily so I don't have to drive my vette all over. I may also end up buying my buddies XJ with broken axles and fixing it as a wheeling rig...

Anyway, I would like to get out and about sometime if anyone is still around here.
indirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.