Need some info? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Need some info?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
CommandoTJ

Need some info?

Is truetrac a good option to go with for a tj front and back......just go to the beach and go mudding.

CommandoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

I prefer selectable lockers, reason being you run with em open, and then when you get stuck they can get you out. if your diff is locked when you get stuck, you are usually much more stuck.

The truetrac is a good locker. If you put it in the front and your hubs are locked it will handle like crap when turning.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
Ustabearenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would do a truetrac in the front and a reg locker in the rear. But that being said - I beat the snot out of a trac loc rear and had no issues. Plus depending on your build you might already have one in the back already.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.