Need a shop recommendation.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Need a shop recommendation..

The Boss is away but Erin is here to STAY with a F.Y.S. SaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-27-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Altonymous
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Need a shop recommendation..

I'm trying to decide if I want to get a JKU Rubicon or a JKU Sport and
add Dana 60s, 5.13s, ARB Lockers, & RCVs.

A big factor in the decision will be how much the total cost comes to.

I contacted a company I know is reputable in Raleigh, NC, but unfortunately, they are in Raleigh, NC.

So I'm now trying to find a trusted shop around Houston to help me out. I'd do it myself but I don't have the garage or the tools to do it... so I have to fork out the cash.

Can you guys recommend a shop?

Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #2
MB_Pathfinder
2014 JK Wrangler 

I use Extreme Offroad & Performance out in Katy for the work I can't do (or feel comfortable trying) - http://www.extremekaty.com/. Shoot Austin O'Krinsky an email at austin@extremekaty.com and ask him. Personally, I'd say that unless you're planning on doing really extreme rock crawling, the stock Dana 44's and lockers on the Rubi are fine.
MB_Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #3
Altonymous
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Pathfinder
Personally, I'd say that unless you're planning on doing really extreme rock crawling, the stock Dana 44's and lockers on the Rubi are fine.
I plan on going 37s and I know that will be the upper limit for Dana 44s without doing more work. If I decide to go up to 40s I'd rather be set than end up going Dana 60s on top of a Rubicon price tag. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll touch base with him.
Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Today, 07:55 AM   #4
MB_Pathfinder
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous
I plan on going 37s and I know that will be the upper limit for Dana 44s without doing more work. If I decide to go up to 40s I'd rather be set than end up going Dana 60s on top of a Rubicon price tag. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll touch base with him.
Yeah, if you're going with 37s or 40s, you need to re-gear the stock Rubi anyway. I'm guessing you're also going to go with a long arm lift so you'll also need to replace the stock drive shafts. Joe Thompson over at Teraflex recommends the Adams shafts if you haven't already looked into those. There are also a couple of 4 Wheel Parts shops around town (one is down by the NRG stadium). I'm eventually going to get a 3" lift and 4.56s put on my 2014 Rubi so I got quotes from both Extreme and 4 Wheel. 4 wheel came out a little more expensive than Extreme was. I'm not sure how 4 Wheel Parts handles it, but over at Extreme you can either have them order all of the parts or you can provide the parts if you find them super cheap online somewhere. The only thing with that though is that won't offer a warranty unless the purchase the parts (Austin and I talked about that when I was pricing out the lift).
Unread Today, 08:01 AM   #5
MB_Pathfinder
2014 JK Wrangler 

There's also Off-road Unlimited on Westheimer and Hwy 6 out towards Katy, but I've never used them or priced them out so I can't say one way or another. Still, for the work you're talking about, you may want to at least get a quote from them too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.