Mud Land Offroad Park Seems to be nice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Mud Land Offroad Park Seems to be nice

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #1
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mud Land Offroad Park Seems to be nice

I live an hour south of Houston and always hated being so far away from any Offroad park. Buddy just told me about Mudland which is located in Alvin. Not sure if everyone knew about this place but wanted to share it with anyone who lives around the Brazoria County area. Here's the website

Mudlandoffroad.com

Also I work in Freeport and go through lake Jackson area if anyone wants to hit some mud or if they need a hand fixing anything.

4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Interesting.. is it just mud out there or do they have some trails?
Unread 02-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

It was looking like a promising offroad park until I read their rule banning guns. Another business on the list of places not to go because of their anti-gun stance.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Disappointing, but not enough to keep me out if it's more than mud.
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
4x4JB
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't been yet. Had a buddy who drives a yoda on 35's and he said its really nice. He goes to shilo(sp) ridge and a few other parks also. Just happy to have one close... Didn't see the no gun policy. I have my CHL so guess if they don't have the proper signage they can't do much. Also I doubt they check your jeep. My buddy is a huge gun nut like I am and I highly doubt he went without his AR or his pistol. When I go ill take pictures and video. Anyone else goes first post up please. Oh and there's YouTube videos on the place. It's ATV's but gives u a little bit of what it looks like
4x4JB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01
It was looking like a promising offroad park until I read their rule banning guns. Another business on the list of places not to go because of their anti-gun stance.
Are you sure their anti-gun or trying to stay in business because of an insurance rider not wanting them to have drunken armed rednecks on site?
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
Are you sure their anti-gun or trying to stay in business because of an insurance rider not wanting them to have drunken armed rednecks on site?

Most likely insurance is my guess but regardless, no excuse to not let me bring it in. I mean I travel every where with it. Unless they search they wont find it and if I had to use it (legally) I'm sure I'd be banned from the park, "big dea."

Just getting tired of these business now against guns. I used to turn my head on BW3 and eat there anyway while carrying but now it just disgusts me.

Unread 02-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #8
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01

Most likely insurance is my guess but regardless, no excuse to not let me bring it in. I mean I travel every where with it. Unless they search they wont find it and if I had to use it (legally) I'm sure I'd be banned from the park, "big dea."

Just getting tired of these business now against guns. I used to turn my head on BW3 and eat there anyway while carrying but now it just disgusts me.
Yeah, I was just playing devils advocate. I'm the same way most of the time.
Unread 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
theyammieguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I also have a CHL and carry everywhere. But I see where their coming from. Bunch of drunk rednecks with guns. Lol.

It is a cool park and the owners seem to be doing a lot of stuff with it to keep it fun. The raffled off a couple winches and tv's and a Z71 so far. They plan on making a 20acre obstacle course for Jeeps only. I'm only about 20 minutes away from it, so I'll be going quite often.

1996 XJ. RC 3" lift on 30's. That's about it.
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #10
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyammieguy View Post
I also have a CHL and carry everywhere. But I see where their coming from. Bunch of drunk rednecks with guns. Lol.

It is a cool park and the owners seem to be doing a lot of stuff with it to keep it fun. The raffled off a couple winches and tv's and a Z71 so far. They plan on making a 20acre obstacle course for Jeeps only. I'm only about 20 minutes away from it, so I'll be going quite often.
Not to get political and whatnot but that is just silly to say drunk rednecks with guns. I'm neither of those. Majority of chl holders know better than to get drunk and carry, at least the ones I know of and talk to. That said, it does look like a nice park and generous of them to have raffles with nice prizes like that.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using JeepForum

Unread 02-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #11
theyammieguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's not what I meant. I'm a chl holder and I realize that most chl holders are responsible. I'm talking about the non chl holders. The drunks that like to get wild and crazy and just start shooting off rounds.

Unread 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyammieguy

What kind of obstacles, trails do they have there?
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:19 AM   #13
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

If one of you guys goes soon, post up some pics. If my jeep survives trees ranch this weekend I'm gonna try to check that place out in the next month.
Unread 02-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
theyammieguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
What kind of obstacles, trails do they have there?
No obstacles yet,but they say they are building a course for Jeeps only. Trails go through ththe woods. Gotta remember it's Alvin, it's gonna be flat.

If you're on Facebook, they have a page with lots of pictures.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.