Looking for an LJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Looking for an LJ

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
MavsZane

Lj Looking for an LJ

I was looking around for my first Jeep when I stumbled upon this LJ for sale.

I wanted to know what the Texas Jeep community thought of it.

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ

MavsZane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It all depends on what you want to do with it and whats your end goal. For me, I would pass but that's just because it doesn't fit MY goal.

- It's not really high mileage for the motor but the OPDA issues are for sure to be present but that's probably a $200 fix, look up OPDA failures.
- '04's only came with auto transmissions which is a no go for me, I had to have a manual.
- '05 is the first year of the LJ rubicon so no '04's had that package, which was also a no go for me.
- I wanted a hard top and soft top, so finding one with a hardtop was a priority as hard tops are usually over a grand while new soft tops are 1/2 that.

Other than that it looks pretty clean. I would see about picking it up as cheap as you can and take that cash to put better axles, gears, etc. in it. A 05 or 06 LJ rubicon will be hard to find and will probably be in the 15K-25K price range depending on mods. Like I said if this fits your end goal then go for it!

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.