I just want to buy an XJ or WJ, is that so hard? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > I just want to buy an XJ or WJ, is that so hard?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 07-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
theyammieguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I just want to buy an XJ or WJ, is that so hard?

I sold my blazer last night for $4,500. I'm on the hunt for a Jeep Cherokee now. I looked at two.

The first one, the guy failed to mention in the ad that he for some reason replaced the electric fan with a mechanical fan. Said he's old school and doesn't trust electric fans. Moron. He also said the brown liquid on the LR rim was just water. Yeah, ok. I smelled it and sure enough, it was brake fluid. The interior was dirty and the carpet was torn.

The second one, the blower motor didn't work. The guy was up front about it but it's a dual climate a/c and the temp control module is $500 brand new. He said he found and bought a used one and it's on it's way from New York. But, being a mechanic I know all to well how much a/c costs can get and without being able to tell if the a/c works or not, I had to pass on it. Plus, he said the interior was in excellent condition. Well, it was nasty. Stains everywhere, ripped door panel, dirt all over, torn leather seat. Also, the oil pressure gauge was stuck on 60psi. Oh, and he said it had never been in a wreck, but there was over spray along the passenger side frame rail.

Why can't people be honest with their ads? I was honest and the first person to call and look at it, bought it. I was asking $5,000 knowing damn well whoever wanted it was going to offer $4,500.

1996 XJ. RC 3" lift on 30's. That's about it.
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyammieguy View Post
I sold my blazer last night for $4,500. I'm on the hunt for a Jeep Cherokee now. I looked at two.

The first one, the guy failed to mention in the ad that he for some reason replaced the electric fan with a mechanical fan. Said he's old school and doesn't trust electric fans. Moron. He also said the brown liquid on the LR rim was just water. Yeah, ok. I smelled it and sure enough, it was brake fluid. The interior was dirty and the carpet was torn.

The second one, the blower motor didn't work. The guy was up front about it but it's a dual climate a/c and the temp control module is $500 brand new. He said he found and bought a used one and it's on it's way from New York. But, being a mechanic I know all to well how much a/c costs can get and without being able to tell if the a/c works or not, I had to pass on it. Plus, he said the interior was in excellent condition. Well, it was nasty. Stains everywhere, ripped door panel, dirt all over, torn leather seat. Also, the oil pressure gauge was stuck on 60psi. Oh, and he said it had never been in a wreck, but there was over spray along the passenger side frame rail.

Why can't people be honest with their ads? I was honest and the first person to call and look at it, bought it. I was asking $5,000 knowing damn well whoever wanted it was going to offer $4,500.
I feel ya, I just went through a 2 week ordeal to buy a TJ. Even went to a dealership that had a "Super Clean" 1997 TJ. Guess what, Anti-drain back valve doesnt work, so the Jeep never wants to start the first try...

I must have emailed 27 different people.

Good luck finding one though!

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
theyammieguy
1996 XJ Cherokee 

This **** sucks. Seems like all the Mexicans are buying them up quicker than **** and sending them down to Mexico.

Just looked at another one. Really nice ZJ with 113k miles. Perfect condition except for some chipped paint on the bumper and the LR door lock didn't work with the button.

Had $4,400 in my pocket but the ******* dealer wouldn't take it unless I paid TT&L. He wouldn't budge one bit.

I'm starting to get frustrated and feel I will have to settle for something I don't want. My wife is on my *** about driving her car this past Sunday. Luckily I ride a springer everyday, so I don't really have to have a Jeep right now. But I sure do want one.

I'm on the South side of Houston and it seems all the good ones are at least an hour away. I have to hop on the bike, go look at it and decide if I want it or not. If I like it, I'll have to go back home and get the wife then go back.

Found a sweet XJ down in Angelton. Called and emailed all weekend about it with no return calls or emails. Called this morning and the lady said someone was signing the paper as we speak. AHHHHHHHH.

1996 XJ. RC 3" lift on 30's. That's about it.
theyammieguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.