Houston Jeepers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Houston Jeepers

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Houston Jeepers

Guys/Gals--
Anyone headed to any local parks this weekend? Was thinking one of the following; General Sam's, Creekside Edge, or Down South Offroad. Just seeing if anyone else was having the same bug with all this nice weather?

Usmcmach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

6 million people in the greater Houston area, and no one has a Jeep?
Unread 04-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Does a WK2 count?

I have lived in houston all my life, 26 years, and I do not of any off road venues.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wave! Sorry that last post was built up frustration from the fact that in this section of JF there are more posts about San Marcos and Midland and other muchhhhhhh smaller towns than from Houston people It seems like a city this size there would be more.
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jackal- I just read your sig, what was the story with Texas Truck Works? They are just down the road from me, but I have never been in there.
Unread 04-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Never mind. Ill just post it. It is from my build thread. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...o-4x4-1332758/

"They cannot figure out why the warning lights are on. Install is done. Their partner jeep dealership was closed so couldn't read the computer. Ideas?

Attachment 352206

It drives great. Same as factory. Brake check said could be abs sensors not plugged in but I doubt that. Or a cycle of ignition on and off multiple times.

Dealership said a speed sensor went bad and it just affects other systems like that. Seems odd but whatever. I came home to eat since it will be about another hour before it is done. I will get an in depth explanation upon pickup.

Thy replaced the speed sensor most likely broken by the install shop. "Under warranty". I don't care. It is fixed now and good thing cause it is raining!"

Basically, I arrived to the shop to pick it up and they said the lights in the pic above were on and do not know why. I checked the forums and nobody else had the issue including thesiltsurfer who had it installed at the same time. I went to demontrond jeep, their dealership to take Jeeps to, and they were closed even though TTW told me they would be open. I called a couple places and they said just could be a cycle of the ignition or battery disco. Tried all those and no dice. next day I took it to Tomball Jeep where I bought my WK2 and after a couple hours they found a broken ABS sensor in the rear. They said they could not prove TTW broke it but most likely so. I took it back to TTW to tell them and they, the owner, just did not care. No apology, nothing to try and remedy the situation. Nothing. It was covered under warranty so I was only out some gas money and time but still...offer an apology or something. I didn't want anything free just someone to take responsibility. The actual tech that installed it was cool. he tried and tried to find the problem before I showed up and I even helped. He was just as confused and wanted to get it fixed. The owner, just wanted my money. When I got home from it being fixed I noticed they did not give me back my bwoody links. So when I went back to tell them about the ABS sesnor I asked for them back and gave me a dumbfounded look. They then took me in the back and picked them out form the scrap metal pile. I may never need them but I like to keep all my stock parts. Especially when it had less than 800 miles at the time. The parts are still flippin brand new!! I will only return there for warranty work on what they did otherwise I won't go there for anything. All in all, the owner is a jerk and a typical crooked-salesman only interested in the money. The mechanic (his name I forget) that did mine was a decent guy. In all fairness, this was their first WK2 lift but still...

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
luisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the east end, see lotsa JKs, they here, id be up for a ride maybe next weekend, bc ill probably still be recovering from a car accident today...
luisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:35 AM   #8
Usmcmach1
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Luisi- sorry to hear that.

Well I decided why not go somewhere new-- headed to Down South Offroad.
Unread 04-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #9
texasjeep2004
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in Houston too. Moved down here last April. I don't know many places to go down here besides the coast. I heard about Down South but havent had a chance to make it over there yet.
texasjeep2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 01:57 AM   #10
Julesfools
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm going to pick up a new to me tj Saturday, I'll probably go Sunday. If not than ill take the cj out most likely. Well... That is if it decides to run this weekend.
Julesfools is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.