Houston Area Jeep Shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Houston Area Jeep Shop

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
geocomp
1981 CJ7 

Houston Area Jeep Shop

I have a 1981 CJ7 that I had dreams of rebuilding, it has the 304 V-8 engine. I pulled the engine last year and had the short block rebuilt with new piston, crackshaft, cam shaft etc. The engine has been sitting in my garage for about 12 months now waiting for me to find time to finshing putting it back together and get the jeep running again. I am realizing with my three daughters all going different directions that I can't seem to find the time to get my jeep back together. Does anybody know of a good Jeep shop that would be willing to put the engine back together and drop it back in the frame? Any idea of cost of doing something like this?

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

geocomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Call Dave over at Gulf Coast Crawl Shop.

www.gulfcoastcrawlshop.com

9443 Clay Rd
Houston, TX 77080

713-461-5595
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
geocomp
1981 CJ7 

Thanks, they are not to far away from me. I will swing by there and talk to them. With my situation it is probably better if I talk to them in person.
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

They are great guys over there. You probably won't be too impressed looking at the shop, but the quality of their work is amazing. Ask Dave if you can see his buggy.

Oh, and I'm not sure if they have a GCCS sign out front or not. It might say Javier's Autos Unlimited or something like that. Javier is the owner... great guy too.
Unread 05-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
geocomp
1981 CJ7 

Thanks for the heads up on the shop. I mainly want to go by there because I think a face to face can be more effective than a phone call in some circumstances.
Unread 05-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
geocomp
1981 CJ7 

Went by and talked to Dave at lunch. Wow they have alot of vehicles they are working on. I couldn't hardly get into the parking lot. Very nice guy though.
Unread 05-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
SlinkyTJ
This space for rent.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, they stay pretty busy over there. You should have seen me manuevering a trailer in there when I dropped my jeep off.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.