Hidden Falls March 3rd!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Hidden Falls March 3rd!!

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #46
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep1000 View Post
I do. I'd be willing to try anything. Would I stay up with you or would there be a separate group for easier trails?
Naw you can ride.

Kenny did, then I blew his mind

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

Alrighty. Sounds like a deal. I can't wait to get out there next time and do it myself! Someone offered their '08 JKU Sahara edition with a 8000lbs warn winch, 5 speed manual tranny, and a few other upgrades in trade for my CJ7. I turned down but ill see Sunday if I regret it.
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #48
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep1000 View Post
Alrighty. Sounds like a deal. I can't wait to get out there next time and do it myself! Someone offered their '08 JKU Sahara edition with a 8000lbs warn winch, 5 speed manual tranny, and a few other upgrades in trade for my CJ7. I turned down but ill see Sunday if I regret it.
I would of traded but hey. We will see.

Txt me some pics of your jeep.

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #49
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

If you friend me on Facebook, I have pics up there. None of work I've done but just "pretty" shots of it. It sure as hell ain't a pavement princess. Kinda regretting not trading but I love my CJ and it'll do just as good offroad when I'm done with it.
Unread 03-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #50
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

You're nuts, I would've traded that in a hearbeat lol but then again I've never been a CJ kind of guy

And yea, I thought I'd be worried riding in his JKU but he knows what he's doing and it was a blast Made me really want to drive my Pat to a dealership and trade it in already haha
Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #51
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny-g
You're nuts, I would've traded that in a hearbeat lol but then again I've never been a CJ kind of guy

And yea, I thought I'd be worried riding in his JKU but he knows what he's doing and it was a blast Made me really want to drive my Pat to a dealership and trade it in already haha
Yeah I'm kinds regretting it but I know I'd regret trading it to. It's never too late to buy a CJ!

I'm not worried about riding out, I just feel weird because I'm leaving my jeep and I'm not used to being shotgun, I'm usually the driver. I'm still excited though. Kenny, are you coming on Sunday?
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #52
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

No sadly. One round of beating on my Patriot was good enough for me to figure out that I need tires asap (working on that) and then sliders and a lift. Once I get tires I may go again but I'd rather not go out there again until I'm lifted haha

Before the 3rd, I was thinking 1.) Sliders 2.) Lift 3.) Tires but after that experience I'm getting tires first because the goodyear wrangler SRAs sucked arse going up those hills and I don't wanna embarass myself again
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #53
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

I wonder how my Goodyear Wrangler A/Ts would do.
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #54
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

What ones do you have? Like specifically. There's the Wrangler AT/S, SRAs (crap tires, they suck), Silent Armor, and Authority Tire (the Walmart ones that aren't bad actually). Also the Duratracs but obviously those are like the primo tires.

*Edit: also theres the Wrangler Radials that I don't know much about but they don't look like they'd be very good offroad.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #55
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

I have 31" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #56
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm yea you may have some issues then on those trails. I know my SRAs look similar to those and they SUCKED going up hills and such.
Unread 03-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #57
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

What would be recommended by you? I want to go down to 28" or 30", mud terrains, good wear and great traction.
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #58
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Everyone loves the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs or BFGoodrich AT KM2s but me, personally, I am probably going to go with 225/75/R16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs for my needs cause I don't see mud that often.
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #59
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

Are the ones that everyone talks about good on Offroading trails like at hidden falls and the sand like at PINS?
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #60
jeep1000
1985 CJ7 

I guess a better way of asking is, how do they do? Not are they good

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.