hidden falls advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > hidden falls advice

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Unread 01-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

hidden falls advice

hey guys i drove down to hidden falls last weekend and just took a look around. I have an 01 tj with a 3in lift and 32s but with the stock open diffs. I am wondering which trails i would be able to tackle down there. I read on their site that some of the level 4 and 5 trails have bypasses on the harder obstacles. Should i stick to ones and twos or can i do the threes and fours and just bypass the tough stuff. Thanks,

JW

jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

dude you can do most 4's and maybe a few 5's

PM me cause im going out sunday if you wanna go!

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I was there last weekend and had trouble on one of the 3's only cause it was wet and traction at the top of a climb was non existent and I was rubbing my belly pan. more lift or dry ground and I would of had no problem. I did a 4 and thought it was a 3 then did a 3 that should of been a 4. I think their rating system needs to be changed but for the most part if its dry you'll be fine
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have heard that when it gets wet their trails can be tricky. I think i will wait for it to dry out a tad bit before i give it a shot. I am also trying to figure out how to get my jeep down there, i dont have quiet enough truck to tow it on a trailer so i might have to flat tow it which means i would have to be extra careful not to break anything.

thanks for the help,

JW
Unread 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
Calven727
1998 TJ Wrangler 

me and some guys are headin up may 16th i think we are runnin on 33's, going to be our first time to hit those trails. cant wait
Calven727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
bigdaddyround
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Is anyone planing on going to the memorial day run at the end of the month? The wife and I are planing on going down for 2 days, 1 night. Surprisingly I dont have anyone to wheel with that I know in Ft Hood. It would be cool to go with someone. Oh God, It feels like I just put out a Craigslist personal add. A little part of me just died.
bigdaddyround is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyround View Post
Is anyone planing on going to the memorial day run at the end of the month? The wife and I are planing on going down for 2 days, 1 night. Surprisingly I dont have anyone to wheel with that I know in Ft Hood. It would be cool to go with someone. Oh God, It feels like I just put out a Craigslist personal add. A little part of me just died.
Hit jeep night at pluckers in Killeen, it is the first thursday of every month. You will meet plenty of jeepers in our area to wheel with.

jw
Unread 06-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
bigdaddyround
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Went to Hidden Falls this saturday and wow. What a great time. Finally go the new (read 87) xj out on the trails. Handled everything we threw at it aside from one trail. Bronco Buster gets quite hairy. Lost a mirror and almost got stuck in a mud hole. Just a note, before you floor it in the mud to get out, just make sure your windows and sunroof are closed!
bigdaddyround is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.