Fort Hood Area... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South Central USA > Texas Jeep Forum > Fort Hood Area...

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Fort Hood Area...

I am looking at a few post to choose for a duty assignment, long story short I am trying to find the best wheeling community how is it in the area?

Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun
I am looking at a few post to choose for a duty assignment, long story short I am trying to find the best wheeling community how is it in the area?
Check out the Ft Hood section of Military Jeepers as they have quite an active chapter and would be able to answer that question for you
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
bigt2317
Mall Crawler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There are quite a few places to wheel within 100 or so miles from there and a ton of wheelers! I would say this area would be a good choice but that's my opinion. Hopefully we'll see you out there!

Build thread
Flickr pictures
Crawler Hauler build FOR SALE
bigt2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texsun
I was born and raised on Ft. Hood. I remember going out wheeling nearly every weekend till I was 12. That's when I moved to KY. From what I remember there was no shortage of place to go. But that was 15 years ago. I have a sister that still lives in Copperas Cove. I give her a call tonight and try to dig up some info for you. We've spoke in the past about my Jeep hobby and she said there were quite a few Jeepers she goes to church with. Her way of trying to get me to come home. But I'll post back after I talk to her tonight.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

I was born and raised on Ft. Hood. I remember going out wheeling nearly every weekend till I was 12. That's when I moved to KY. From what I remember there was no shortage of place to go. But that was 15 years ago. I have a sister that still lives in Copperas Cove. I give her a call tonight and try to dig up some info for you. We've spoke in the past about my Jeep hobby and she said there were quite a few Jeepers she goes to church with. Her way of trying to get me to come home. But I'll post back after I talk to her tonight.
My sister said that there are several hundred miles of trails near by. And can even go on parts of the base.
Unread 10-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
BadassBlaze
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Are you sure you can wheel on base? I know there is a petition online trying to get areas on base opened to wheeling that used to be open and since closed. The way I understand it, there is no legal place to go wheeling on base
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
AustinTexasXJ
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadassBlaze View Post
Are you sure you can wheel on base? I know there is a petition online trying to get areas on base opened to wheeling that used to be open and since closed. The way I understand it, there is no legal place to go wheeling on base
x222 on this.

I just signed that petition, and from what I read all trails on base are now closed but they are trying to get them opened back up

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadassBlaze
Maybe she didn't have all the facts right.
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
indirocz28

Yes there is an online petition going around, and some members of FHMJ are supposedly going to pitch some ideas at III Corps to try to get areas open again to vehicles to off road. Currently there is only 1 area allowed for off-roading and that is for ATV's and dirtbikes only.
indirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.